Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Lucky Day!

 




I should've gone last week but I had some last-minute items fill up my day which made it difficult for me to make my podiatry appointment last week when I was supposed to. Luckily there is no issue in extending my appointment by one week. Fortunately, almost everyday's a good travel day during the summer so I was happy to have the appointment today the only other thing on my agenda was working with my home help people morning getting ready for the day so I had a free day. If there was a downside to the whole thing it was the fact that my appointment was at 2:30 PM which means a lot of trying to figure out what to do with my time Intel is ready for my appointment. My current favorite place for Asian food is this little hole in the wall place that makes pretty decent eggrolls you know the the large rolls With shredded carrots, rice and all kinds of good stuff, but now become very expensive . I found however I can order just one eggroll then this side of rice come out with a lunch for about $10which is pretty good. However, I was really using the little restaurants in my eggroll as a device to kill time.


I spent as much time as I dared at the little restaurant and decided I would head over to the Deseret industries which is in the same area kill some time there looking for things to read our acquire. I currently have a project running this been going on for a couple of years now. Somehow somewhere along the line I got this really cool butter knife. I don't know if Dianne found it and mixed it with our silver ware or what but I found these knives or butter knives which has a bulbous end to it plus a very broad flat and on the other end which makes it ideal for me to use to spread butter, jam etc. The nicer heavier than usual butter knives and again the broad and for spreading is perfect for me. I found that each Deseret industries has a bin or long flat drawers were all the silverware they get is automatically dumped. I found if I can get to one of these silverware dumps there's a chance that I might run across one of these butter knives. I mean I can't believe anybody would knowingly throw silverware this nice way even if it's to DI. Over the years I found one or 2 pieces and quietly build up my collection a must-have for 5 now which I really enjoy using. Anyway today I was dumbfounded when I pulled the been out it was heavier than usual but it was published full of butter knives – – I should explain that there's like for her 5 bins each one of them filled with their specialty whether it's spoons, solid spoons, butter knives and forks etc. I could see immediately the ball both ends of 2 knives right on top. Digging around I found 4 more one of which I dropped on the floor never picked up. I came away from my trip to the DI with 4 “new” knives to add to my collection! I've never had a day so rich in finds. I think they're supposed to charge me $.50 apiece but in the end I paid a dollar for the 4 instruments feeling like I made out like a bandit!


I don't know how long it will be before I can find another trove of discarded bulbous bottomed broad tipped silverware. Today was a lucky day…

No comments: