Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Well Worth The Money

 





After yesterday's revelation that the new holiday actually was a holiday federal as well as state and would be observed I kind of figured that wouldn't be an advisory board meeting at Assist, Inc. this morning. I remember how it is coming off holidays to board meetings that you may not be ready for. Sort of the cancellation in stride and committed myself to enjoy the extra half-day it takes to do this meeting. I wish I could further report but I did something incredibly fantastic but I did not. I basically just hung out in the apartment clean up here and there but not in too much of that. I kept looking out my screen door and see in the mess that the wind had brought completely turn off the lattice that I have over the wrought iron railing around my patio. Of course, Ted the manager of maintenance here the building was not at the property today on Tuesdays is that one of the other properties so I couldn't twist his arm into working with me to repair that wouldn't average. It was then I had an idea. Why not hire the individual named John who lives upstairs with his dad Stephen. I'm not really sure how that works if he actually is living up there or just up there to help Steve it out until something else happens. Check my older posts out Stephen is this guy who's quite frail and lives directly above my apartment. John, his son has been living with him for almost a year now it seems and I'm glad. I don't know Steve could do very well without John. And I haven't really read any government fed rags for years now regarding particularly family members living with you. I think it's a great idea if they're here to actually help the individual. I know of another child/offspring living at the complex who is helping her mother.


Anyway, a couple of times when I've had near emergent situations here in the apartment are actually contacted, gone up and asked John for immediate help and is always complied. I decided I would take a chance but change my modus operandi of trying to get this help for free. I will offer him $10 almost 2 gallons of gas which is kind of weird when you think about it but I have no problems offering the kid this money for his assistance. Actually, it's the way it should be. Reliving of a crisis down the gases over $5 right now Salt Lake even if the price came down a few pennies would make much difference. John's living with his dad and senior housing which means that John probably is not making that much money himself and probably doing each other a favor. I can afford to offer this kind of payment and perhaps that's what I really need to do not only for stuff like repairing my patio lattice but maybe even clean up around the apartment. I was totally surprised not only did the kid pull the lattice off the floor but was able to reattach it to the railing with some heavy-duty zip ties I somehow got a hold of. He then swept the area and move some of the equipment around making it easier for me to work out with my rickshaw. And then, he drilled a hole in my screen door and applied a bolt that will make me be able to open up and close the screen door much easier than it currently is the case.


Of course, John is a good boy, and declined the measly $10 I offered them but I insisted pushing the argument that everybody is feeling the pinch now of recession and high gas prices. Stephen has a little car in 2 gallons a gas could make a big difference I think to these 2 guys living up above my apartment . The 10 bucks really is no skin off my nose I pulled out my “mad Money”. I still have over $100 in my money book and it's almost the 1st of the month. Everybody wins especially me…

No comments: