Monday, June 06, 2022

Kook Kook A Shoe

 


; font-size: large;">Will the week into the month of June and finally it looks as if the temperatures are beginning to stabilize the summer heat waves are beginning. Though many people at this complex right and moan about the heat and how difficult it is to tolerate such heat I just smile and lay my chair back a little bit further further in my book. Right now the days are still comfortable at 70° going to 85 the weather guy is expressing the possibility of 90 to 95° by the week's end even I will spend time considering whether to go out or stay in. I'm if we do get these elevated temperatures I will still spend time out and about. Today was just about perfect temperature wise. I wanted to use the good weather and open schedule to head down about 70 and so to the Deseret industries building to check out their silverware collection. The seasoned reader will remember. I have developed a near compulsion to find a specific kind of silverware in this case a butter knife. If I were a compassionate writer I would now have a hyperlink to a blog entry where I described said article. I typically go to the DI on 7000 S.area. The DI there is a large store and I assume goes through plenty of product. They have 3 or 4 bins of orphan silverware. I have found the knives here couple of times. Altogether I found about 3 or 4 goat of the head butter knives here. There is no order to the silverware bins just silverware that comes in off the donation trucks are basically sorted and dumped in the bins. It's up to the shopper to seeif the silverware being searched for is there. Sadly today there was not any silverware for me. That's okay I'll find more eventually I sure it is the thrill of the search which keeps me going.


Since I was in the store I figured out I will check on clothes. I got used to that weird smell which inhabits it seems Deseret industries and other secondhand stores. The owner something between stale food and mothballs. It's that old clothes smell. Anyway, I searched through T-shirts and really couldn't find anything really interested me down to check out shorts and actually find something that's 44 inches which is what I use and they are blue. The cost is $3 such a deal. I got a now I have to just wash them and put them with my clothes itinerary. So I just go once every couple weeks to a thrift store pickup one item I should be good. I still have a number of Marvel T-shirts I'm trying force myself into purchasing. I'm so leery of purchasing something like clothes and not have them fit. But baby steps is what I need to do. I'm going to use to purchase” DI and it's a good experience the next step would be to purchase style off the Internet the night for sure would look cool.



Consider the image on the days blog posting, has nothing to do with content. I just want to illustrate another shoe sitting alongside of the sidewalk. I was quite impressed when I bent down to take the image and saw that the shoe was practically brand-new it's a nice-looking shoe. I'll bet it has a great story…

No comments: