Friday, June 02, 2023

Chicken Delight Fright

 


I am a little embarrassed I must admit. Tonight I was going to fry a package of chicken drumsticks I purchased last month. Seems like there is 8 drumsticks – – that is a lot of disabled chickens out there somewhere. I should've cooked the drumsticks the day that I purchased them but something came up I don't remember you through in the freezer. I was going to cook the drumsticks week later I even thawed out the chicken legs the day when I think about something was wrong with refrigerator. I figure the freezer was still working because my popsicles were intact and then they remain until this morning when I dug them out of the freezer and hopes to fry them up to have this weekend to snack on and such.


The package of drumsticks were rocksolid froze when I pulled him out of the freezer. I did not think too much about defrosting them out slowly on the countertop. I figured that if I tried to defrost them in the refrigerator as I guess one is supposed to the chicken not be done in time for cooking them tonight and I didn't want to prolong this any longer. In the back of my mind that little “conscience type of voice” was rattling on about living warm chicken out all day or was that making sure you thoroughly clean the surface of cutting boards after processing your chicken. Anyway, I kind of got a little worried when I noticed how warm the chicken was this evening when I decided to try up the beast during the 6 o'clock news. As soon as I opened the package I threw myself into denial as I smelled something that seemed a little funny. Through the leg into the frying pan telling myself that errant older would cookout. I pulled out 2 more drumsticks smelling each as I threw them in the grease forget the fact that I dropped another drumsticks on the floor. My kitchen is turning into a mess and begin to smell a little peculiar. Sure it was not the smell of Col. Sanders kitchen. As much as I really wanted the chicken to start slowly better, I decided I was going to through the chicken out and it was a lot of chicken it with me a couple of days. There was a time when I would've choked the chicken down regardless of its questioned credibility and safety. I piled the chicken on the paper plate I was going to use template beautifully golden brown chicken on. Then carefully lifted the mess on my lap and rolled out to the dumpster to where I he the mess into the huge blue bins. I really wanted to throw at least one leg over in the corner as an offering to the cats but since I'm not a big supporter of our feline friends specially the number of feral friends I decided if they wanted a chicken protein good have to jump into the dumpster. I have mixed emotions regarding how this event turned out. I really would like the chicken are overly fond of my own fried chicken to think I was also tired of this massive chicken flesh and want to get rid of it anyway possible. I still have parents I should be whipped…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job throwing it out! Don't kill yourself !