Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Extraction!

 


What was going to be a temporary crown to be turned into a permanent extraction. The extraction is not what I 1st saw the my future this morning as I got up an hour earlier than usual to make sure is able to make my 9:30 AM medical examination at IHC medical Center a.k.a. the death Star. Interestingly, I was barefoot. I thought about putting on my shoes is fastly becoming a thing of the past. I know it's my power chair and the condition of the foot box. The point is however right now I'm wearing my shoes 3 times a week when I have someone here to put them on. I like to think perhaps if I struggled long enough and the operative word there is struggle, I could get the shoes on but I can no longer fasten the straps secure them tightly on my feet and then they spaz out the 1st bump I get are hit. And at some point I guess it's just not worth the struggle. Today I got around the no shoe issue by deciding to carry my adventures blanket as a lap blanket long enough to cover my feet. But I made it to the doctors on time stopping 1st for a guilty pleasure at Wendy's for a sausage cheese muffin/biscuit.


I probably should done more with my time waiting for the 2:30 PM dentist appointment that I had for my temporary crown. I've actually put the appointment of twice that one to get the thing taken care of even at the cost I thought it was going to be. I actually received by Father's Day present from Shelley so excited for cans for number 10 cans of pickled peppers! I'm truly looking forward to having these at my access for my morning drink and daily snacks. The box was so huge it was all I could do to bulldoze it into the apartments and rip it open. Tomorrow, I will have Lissypick the cans up maybe even open one. All that will depend on how well my mouth feels in the morning. Thanks Shelley all of the present. But anyway I finally got to the doctor's office around 2:15 PM and they got me right in and start placing my power chair with where they wanted it so I could lower thefor the dentist to work on me. They started the nitrous oxide immediately. The doctor finally wandered in numbed my mouth up with the shots and later started the process. It did not take long for the good doctor to realize there was something wrong with the tooth more than we anticipated. 1st of, there's not much the tooth left anyway they just trying to save a little bits there but as he got in the working he realized the tooth is obsessed and was going to the bone of the jaw would seem to be pretty significant long story short extraction. This of course called for super numbing more shots of the mouth. It was not one of those processes where the tooth just pops out once the dinner starts working on it what was left of my tooth was really significantly part of the bone now in the job just did not want to give up a little bit of the 2 there was. Remember I got my nose thing on sucking inasmuch nitrous oxide is possiblespace but was actually getting in the doctor's way. He was all around my mouth trying to figure out how to expose enough to silly to get a good grip with the forceps or whatever they yank the thing out. Get a lot of drilling and pushing and pulling. it was almost like one of those comedies with a Dennis is climbing all over the patient trying to extract the tooth is what it was like. The doctor was using the special kind of drill he tried to tell me about but I did really understand or care much nitrous oxide as I had ingested. Finally with one major yankmy jaw gave up the tooth. I was surprised how small a shard of tooth was left and how much trouble it gave us. I think I have about 5 sutures may be a little more in there that will come out next week. He asked if I wanted a heavy-duty painkillers I told him no. The surgical sedatives have now worn off and the pain is not that bad. I might pussy out and do a couple of ibuprofen as I hit the sack. I'm a little worried in that I no longer have a tooth on the bottom to grind things with. I use this shard of a tooth for a lot of chewing which I no longer have I'm sure I'll do okay.


I was kind surprised earlier in the week when I started getting text messages about a doctors appointment I had scheduled for the 21st, tomorrow. I checked this out when I was in the building at the doctor's office is morning and sure enough a year ago I scheduled a follow-up appointment. So it's back on the bus tomorrow back to the death Star and associated offices for a urological follow-up. I'm sure but have to give a sample I just hope it goes smoothly.

No comments: