Sunday, June 18, 2023

Moving On


It's over. The time of this reunion is past and by all accounts it was a pretty good reunion all things considered. It was certainly not a huge gathering or even a big gathering of the family or families as the case might be. It was pretty much the players, the family and the immediate a few of the offspring but mainly us kids. You'll remember that I didn't go to the nieces home last night for a family gathering I just didn't have the “juice” to pull off the public transit wherewithal I would have to do to have attended the gathering. I was exhausted by the evening.


I love seeing my brothers and sisters and sisterswho were able to make the trip. I mean for some of these guys it was no small trip flying in from Kansas coming up from Colorado. Even those who came from voicing his significant undertaking, if you ask me. Lodging, fuel and time for a few short hours to spend together kind of amazing. I'm especially humbled because I really can't think I'm 90% of the reason the gathering is here. There was a small contingency yesterday who took off to visit the parents graves and Santa-Quinn about 45 minutes 50 minutes south of Salt Lake. It's a pretty significant undertaking I think. I wonder if I was not here if they would have these meetings in Boise are even visit my sister Faye in Kansas. No one that I know has traveled out to that area some time and surely not me.


I kind of thought I was done with the whole reunion last night after the function here at the apartment complex and not going over to the brothers house and was sort of surprised when I got a text this morning that they were meeting at my restaurant at around 9 o'clock. I doubt a visit with Mark Anthony and we were going to meet at our usual time at 8 AM. However, he didn't have a problem with 9 AM. I was up at 7 AM disheartened because I had a hard time dressing. I actually dress the usual stuff okay I just couldn't get on both shoes. In fact I had one shoe on and then put the other shoe on top of my foot on the other shoe so at least I look like I tried to get dressed.. I sure hope this is not things to come shadows of. But for breakfast my brother Paul and his wife a couple daughters joined Mark Anthony and I as well as Jasmine for breakfast. I don't think that mattered but it's Father's Day of course everybody's taken dear old dad out to breakfast. I was a little worried that at 9 AM a lot more people would be going to breakfast then at 8. We ended up waiting about 45 minutes maybe an hour but we had a good conversation and a good breakfast. I think everyone enjoyed meeting the last time. I was totally proud that Jasmine, my granddaughter was able to make it who really paid attention to some of the other grown-ups which I thought was very important. They're all headed back to Idaho by the 5 hour trip to hopefully they're all back and everything's okay. I was a bit conflicted when I heard my brother and his family were joyous for breakfast because I pretty much got all the family stuff out of my system but I'm glad we had this time together. To visit with a few more things to enjoy my younger brother is an adult in many cases so much more than I am. I don't know if we'll do this again in a years time. I kind of hope not but then again at our age is probably best we take advantage of each moment we have because they are just not that many moments leftokay

No comments: