Thursday, June 15, 2023

You Never know

 


The reunion begins. Really not beginning today except for the arrival of my little sister, Leah, from the Oregon area. She and my brother Carl stop by the apartments afternoon to check out the common area that will be having the reunion . We also considered possible menu for the event and have it cause I catered by some fast food joint like a chicken place or something I assume having something like a box lunch which is okay. My sister Leah, is a take charge kind of person so I'm glad that she's here working with my brother to bring about this event. Rest of the family will start coming in tomorrow we should have some sort of a evening restaurant. Traditionally we've gone to this all-you-can-eat place called the Golden Corral which is pretty good but it's an all-you-can-eat place and I rarely feel that that's cost-effective no matter how much you try to eat the certainly can't do you any good caloric wise. Plus, if I go I'm going to have to go on public transit that always, spooks me at night. Saturday's events should be at easier since they are in the building here. I will have the same problem Saturday evening if they have the traditional outside events at Carl's or Carla's place. That's also a trip on public transit later in the evening which makes me a bit uncomfortable but it's a little more straightforward I hope/I think.


I think my sisters worried about me. She asked me a number of times if I was doing okay so I must look a mess. Granted I probably do right this moment. I didn't sleep well last night and I got up early enough so I could be ready for the coffee social today. I don't know if I would've turned over and got many more sleep however even if it wasn't coffee social. Social one of okay we had more than enough treats. I think we would had enough even had I not gone shopping yesterday afternoon for the cookies. One of the people brought those giant muffins chocolate as well as Berry muffins. There is also some very nice burritos one of the people made with hot chilies those were good and I'd like to get the recipe for those favor got the energy to make something like that. Other than I've been trying to stay warm today. I should've won my longsleeved shirt like a dummy I did not. Major storm and and rain this morning but now seems to have moved off with sunshine peeking through that may be a promising evening I hope. Like the promise of delegate more sleep and be better focused for tomorrow whatever it should bring but I don't believe that's good happen anytime soon. I'm hoping tomorrow to have my home health person put a little more clean on the apartment. She did about an hour's work on Wednesday projecting made a big difference is going when people were here maybe a little bit more tomorrow in case anyone makes a trip down to my apartment. I doubt that will happen but you never know it's best to be on top of things like that.


Also, just as a follow-up to yesterday's blog I had to make an appointment to be seen by my physician for the new prescription. They sent me enough to get me through until my appointment which is the 21sst…

No comments: