Monday, June 05, 2023

Hazy Monday Morning

 


I had another one of those senior Monday morning's moments when on waking I was kind of confused as to what day of the week that it was. This lasted just a few seconds and I channeled down my memories of yesterday and the events I participated in and finally was able to realize that it was Monday morning started a week – – how exciting is that? Since it's Monday is one of my bathing days so I have a home health person coming out so I just sort of hanging around clean up the apartment, making coffee and making sure that I have a treat for this particular home health professional. She likes nicker bar I would like to have one for her when she's down and about ready to leave the apartment. She says she really appreciates the candy bar when I tell her I appreciate her – – she really goes on and above what home help people do as far as being therefore are what I really need assistance anytime day or night. I don't know for home agency knows all the assistance she has rendered me because on those days when I desperately need someone and is not her regular scheduled time of course pay her in cash. This is probably not kosher but I've learned that the agency I use has poor after hour backup services. And I have to take care of myself in the end.


Finally the weather seems to be stabilizing the sun was shining today more than the clouds were raining that made for a good day.. If there was any productive items I did today it was going across the street the market to pick it up a couple of items. I got 2 beautiful New York strip steaks for $16. As I'm sure you are aware I'm not writing this to say that I got a really good deal I'm saying that I can't believe a plate $16 for 2 pieces of meat! I justify the purchase for medical reasons. I'm trying not to become anemic. Without going into the gory details just say I seem be losing a lot of blood lately and a good rare steak supposedly helps in replacing the lost blood. I don't know this is true or not certainly allows her to justify the purchase of these 2 pieces of meat. The steak was pretty large actually. I cooked one this evening 's and ate half and I froze the other steak completely. 2 weeks ago when I tried this I lost the second steak that I was saving when the refrigerator failed and we threw away everything inside. The high point of my day was able to spend time reading my Stephen King novel. I'm already getting close to 300 pages read. I forgot how quickly I can read Stephen King when I get really interested.


Finally, I placed a call to my older brother Carl to find out what if anything he is doing to get ready for the reunion. I wanted to ensure that he knows that I would do whatever I can to make this thing a success or that we just get everything finished for this year. I was thinking that I'm pretty glad that were doing this on 17 June which is just halfway through the 1st month of the summer is certainly frees up the rest of the summer. It's not like I have nothing planned I don't was just knowing I don't have to do anything on these fines are days.

No comments: