Saturday, June 17, 2023

Reunion!

 


I will start off by saying how pleased and thankful I am that the family chose to have this year's reunion at my building. After yesterday's traveling on the bus and train to try to get to the event I was pretty much worn out by the end of the day. As much as I hate to admit it I am not a young man anymore. And I just didn't have the energy to try to take the bus and train over to Carl's place even if I was assured it via straightforward event I just couldn't do it. So today seemed a little less stressful as I waited for the main event which began around 12 PM. I did spend a lot of time sitting outside in case it be showed up early, nobody did.


It was decided to go with some form of chicken for the main form protein for the meal plus there's a lot of homemade items as well like tuna salad, fruit salad and fruit tray as well as vegetable tray. The main beverage garden was water and no plastic bottles. That's where our culture's gone now more flavored beverages just water in plastic bottles. People were mildly pleased and impressed with the common room with the tables and access to bathrooms. It seemed Leah took charge a lot of the preparation food wise there is some discussion about not being able to get the cabinets but I provided some towels and some paper towels in the paring knife or 2 and we were able to pull it off. We sat down and ate in the common room which was pretty well done and following that and cleanup we migrated across the way to the park. Started out well sort of cool turned into a relatively warm day. We talked about park Paul's Connie was having some coffee withdrawal as was Faye. They desperately needed caffeine so I volunteered to make a pot of coffee which I did but nobody came over to get so I went back over to the group and then sisters and sister-in-law followed me back to the apartment with a really love my apartment. Everyone had coffee and a great discussion seemed until Carl commode would let us know that everyone left so I guess that part of the picnic was done. Tonight they are having the traditional gab session at Carl's I guess if not Carl's Carla S. Sadly, I'm not going like I said before I just don't have the stamina or the well for the trip. I said goodbye as best as I could and they went their ways and I pretty much stayed here enjoying the sunshine, trying to read and not need to exhausted. My becoming that feeble as far as trying to keep things together so I can do something like this? The whole concept of transportation. I guess I should be more forceful with getting bus rides like van rides from private companies logistics so much energy and so much commitment which I knows the excuse but it's true. So tomorrow I don't know what's going on – – I'm meeting with Mark Anthony for breakfast but I haven't heard any of the other guys plans. Everyone will be going their separate ways of course and I'll just be excited to start my even though this week will be busy with dental and medical issues and appointments and expenses. I'm hoping it will be a good summer I truly do…

No comments: