Saturday, June 03, 2023

To Honor Billie and Dressing Doubts

 


Even though I had Saturday coffee I do not feel too stressed so I think I got some decent sleep during the night waking only once. It only took me 2 hours to get ready. I don't know how much of this I can blame on my power chair and how much of this I can blame on myself as far as the seemingly long period of time it takes for me to dress myself anymore. I try not to think about this too much I think it would scare me toothless if I did. I look on the bright side at least I got myself dressed and out the door for Saturday social or coffee with my friends.


Coffee with my friends has boiled down to coffee with my one friend Janet or more specifically Upstairs Janet. There has been a couple other individuals who have expressed interest in the Saturday morning get-together but they just can't seem to make the time. Believe me I know how difficult it is to get dressed so I kind of understand. Janet and I communicate pretty well know how long we'll keep this tradition going. Weirdly I think I keep showing up for Saturday coffee and we're kind of way to honor Billie since that's how can I started when I should really the coffee shop we ended up going there every Saturday morning and she began inviting other people. Honestly, I was not to fond about that action at 1st but soon accepted that's how Billie was she needed friends maybe I was my lesson with Billie invite everyone to see who shows up and maybe they will be friends. I guess we'll keep showing up for Saturday coffee see what happens. Right now it's low-key enough that I don't stress during sleep too much. Again what stress are more is the fact that takes me 2 hours to get ready.


I'm so glad I don't have a job or something that makes me have to rush to get dressed to be a deadline or a meeting time. Granted, I have the volunteer positions I do but they are somewhat scattered and usually is nothing going on that day before the meetings that I have to rush to get dressed. In my mind I can always get up another hour earlier to be sure to make the meeting time. What kind of worries me is that it feels like it's getting more difficult to do functional parts of the dressing routine specifically gave my shorts up over my hips or getting my shoes on my feet. These are little challenges I understand you certainly eat up the file. I have started focusing on getting dressed 1st then dawdling later. This helps a lot. Perhaps it will come a time when I will have to use a health care person to me dress me everyday but so far that has not been the case. Actually, I can probably afford this luxury right now I enjoy the luxury of dressing myself, and my own pace above all else in the mornings…

No comments: