Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Pizza Pie And Friends

 



It was another jampacked day that I really had to hustle to get the things done that I typically do i.e. they arm bike and the blog at least. Studio 9 PM and with the end of this blog I should be pretty well caught up but I was able to make my meeting this morning downtown Salt Lake, the assist meeting and then with some fairly decent hustling is able to make my lunch appointment with a number of old friends at 1 PM at the Pie pizzeria.


I have to admit when I got up I was dragging. I didn't sleep that well waking up around 3 AM maybe a little bit earlier and seeming like I stayed awake. It's not like I could sleep in the day because today is a day that I had be up and be ready to go out and catch the number 47 into the train station to be able to get to my 11 o'clock meeting. I know it sounds strange but I have to be sure to be up by 6 or 6:30 AM to get to that meeting is like 5 hours away. Luckily, things went pretty well this morning because Tuesday is a morning of course that I have to dress myself and that can be a challenge. But today things seem to work real well. The shorts went on quickly and I was even able to get my shoes on with only 2 tries which totally surprised me. I was even able to finagle the left shoe with the crushed down back. It's not like I look perfect when I dressed myself, I do not but some days are better than others the only things that really looked weird was my right foot was turned way over looked like a real clubfoot. That did not to tour me however I was out the door earlier than usual stopping on the way at Dell Taco used one of the coupons for breakfast burrito and fries I did okay. By the time I got to the library, which is across the street from the assist, Inc. offices I still had almost an hour to kill which is able to do of course it's a library, a good library I just wish they served coffee that early in the morning. There is a little snack shop but that doesn't open until 11 AM that's the time I need to be at my office meeting. Anyway, the meeting was short just for approvals needed signing and I was out the door headed for my 1 o'clock meeting with my friends at the Pie pizzeria.


I'm not sure who orchestrated this meeting is probably my friend Lori but there were 4 of us Lori, Marie, Kenneth and myself. Through these folks have cerebral palsy of course I have a brain injury that for all intents and purposes I think is basically turned into some form of cerebral palsy at least I recognize myself in some of the movements of my friends. In truth at one time we were all part of Lori's acting company or class. Which could've been 20 years ago maybe even longer. We haven't done much together the last 10 years so today was quite a get together. The Pie pizzeria is a trendy little place that branched out from the basement college/university pizza joint which I kind of regret but they've sort of kept true to their initial product. The pizzas great and are able to purchase it by the slice so I had a nice piece of pizza (meat lovers) and a fairly decent salad. Probably more calories than I needed but it was fun meeting with the people. It probably took 2 hours of their time up but we enjoyed catching up fun and not what each other was doing and hopefully setting up another meeting in the not-too-distant future. There is quite interesting all of us were in power chairs or scooters and we must look quite imposing to the able bodies in the restaurant. I was totally challenged and that I'd lost one shoe luckily my foot was sitting on top of it and then I lost my other shoe which I ended up sitting on my lap and not wearing a shoe for the rest of the day. I've got a get another pair shoes that's all there is to it and hopefully that will better help you keep my feet on/shoe on. Was quite glad to get back to the apartment. But let's begin to hurt and I really just burn off some of those calories but was a great afternoon with friends of hope is repeated shortly…

No comments: