Friday, June 09, 2023

One Steak And One Well Baby Checkup

 


Is the dawn of another weekend, I cannot believe the rapidity of the weeks now. I don't know if it's the times, or my age or whatever but the time is flying and I hate to be so cliché but it's true. I can understand with this cliché comes from one thing for sure is totally nerve-racking. I spent the day actually just hanging around the apartment enjoying the relative heat of the day. I went outside for a while to read but the clouds chased me back in. When the sun was out it was delicious to sit and read but once the clouds started massing that was it a booked back into the apartment. This was okay as close to lunch as I was going to get. I've spent all morning, often on open cans of jalapeno peppers as well as pickled carrots to make my drink and to munch on. I did my arm bike for 30 minutes after my meager lunch listening to science Friday and Marketplace.


I didn't particularly want to go to the market but that's what I do as far socialization goes much of the time. I'm totally out of popsicles you know the twin stick confectionary that's wonderful to eat in the summertime and I guess to a certain point a good source of liquid if you have an aversion to water such as I. I was hoping to get to the market and back again without really worried about the heat getting to the frozen popsicles. I Tried to Be Quick after having someone lift the frozen popsicles and my box. I picked up a few other things plus a nice package of throwing meat at half price. I don't think I was openly anxious and I was be as careful as I usually am but I had realize I was is close to the person in front of me as I was. It was one of those new or semi-new goofy shopping carts were little kids in a race car or something underneath the basket that mom or dad are pushing. Fortunately for me as well as junior I went forward very slowly not knowing that Junior is right in front of me and sure enough, ran over the cart. Mind you, I missed the kids entirely thank God. Junior of course was shaken up as much as I was – – probably more. I'm sure of given them a trauma people with disabilities for the rest of his life specifically ones in power chairs. I talked to the parents and asked if they want to go get the kid checked out they said no he's okay you'll be just fine. Today almost start apologizing for the kid being in my way. Like I said I was shaken up no question about it. I've never had this happen to me before. Ephedrine into larger vehicles like real cars but never shopping basket with a kid in the bottom. I was kind of freaked out. This chair can do some real damage if you don't watch out. I want to give him inquired of the parents and they assured me Junior was all right so I grabbed my goodies and took off trying to get home before my frozen confections turned into plastic bags water.


I cooked two of the steaks that I got for half-price and a baked potato and picked up yesterday. I ate one of the steaks for dinner and half potato so I have another steak for tomorrow or whenever. I have 2 more steaks to put in the freezer for another day or 2. Like I said it was a good day…

No comments: