Sunday, June 11, 2023

Complete Fakery

 



I have to admit is kind of weird to have a Sunday morning all to myself. Remember last night I let Mark Anthony off the hook indicating that it was best that he got some sleep and I got some rest so we bagged the breakfast for today. I slept until about 630 almost 7 AM and the extra sleep was quite nice. I wish I had been be more productive but with my semi-commitment to do as little as possible on Sunday it's hard to be productive. Made by vegetable drink with the pickled carrots and peppers and eventually opened up a new box of the cord Chex knockoff “corn biscuits” by Ralston Purina. The products identical I only wish I had milk chilled I didn't so it was warm milk and Chex and a banana.


I had to admit I dallied quite a bit getting dressed. I lost my leg lifter somewhere yesterday finally finding the device under the bed after just about given up on the whole shebang. I have a couple others think of written about in the past that the foot stirrup is ripped off on its 1st try. I need to figure out a way to repair one of these devices so at least I have a backup which is usable. I didn't feel like I needed to go anywhere so I neglected the shoes but I do need to get a new pair of shoes soon maybe this week. It was during this somewhat unguided indulgence this morning that I've noticed the 3 candy bars I for my staff for the coming week. Remember, my staff personLissy likes snicker bars so I try to have one on hand every day she's here that's 3 days a week until Gloria returns if Gloria ever returns. Anyway, as I was banging around the living room I noticed 3 snicker bars and something didn't feel right I just couldn't put my finger on it then suddenly my eyes zeroed in on the candy bars. And I realized the candy bars I've been feeding Lissy the past couple weeks were not Snickers bars but a knockoff actually made to look like Snickers. I could not believe it been spoofed by corporations into not purchasing what I thought I was purchasing. Both names of the bars start with a mouse and end with the house and has about the same amount letters put that on my background of a wrapper that looks exactly like a Snickers bar you have me totally suckered. I mean the job is such a good job they should be sued for infringement of some kind. I'm totally blown away. So tomorrow 1st thing when Lissy gets here we go to have to ask you to forgive me but hopefully she'll stick body for the next week to week of these 3 candy bars used up or I'll purchased 2 more candy bars after tomorrow and ingest the 2 fakes myself totally as quality control. Just amazes me at how well my brain substituted what I want to see what was actually there and this happened at the market when I picked up the candy bars. Thinking back however I must admit that even when I was digging the candy bars out of the candy boxes so they didn't feel right by just couldn't see the names on the packaging for what it really was I just floored.


Other than missing the kids my son's been pretty good. I got a lot of reading done in the cool part of the day before the storms came in. There were a great storms but there was a lot of dark clouds of threatening when which never amounted to anything. Some silly stupid golf classic's going on right now which of course is knocking off the one television station that I can get to CBS and so no news for the boy local or national and that's probably just as well. Right now I'm just spending the rest of this night either reading or watching a little more marvel of some kind and try not to think of produced a bowel movement before tomorrow at 8:30 AM…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are not fake Snickers bars. It is a part of a promotional campaign put on by the company that they put different ad-words on the packaging to associate the candy with some feeling one gets from eating said product.

Anonymous said...

I wondered if it was something like that! Sneaky.