Sunday, June 04, 2023

Just A Little Nervous…

 


The biggest thing on the radar this week or for the next couple weeks is the pending family reunion which is slated for the 17th of this month. This always makes me feel a little uneasy having the reunions here which I should be very grateful – – my having a reunions here in Salt Lake allows me to participate. I guess I feel a little intimidated because I should probably be doing more to bring about this event that I'm capable. Hell, I'll just be happy to make the major portion of the event which thank goodness is going to be right here in the building where I live. Thank goodness I can take the total blame for have new event here every year. I think it started early on when mommoved in with her sister in Santa Quinn. I wish I could travel more I wouldn't mind returning to Boise for a family get-together or even Colorado or Kansas. Those members the family living in those Midwestern states of sacrifice the most it seems like however I must praise my little sister Leah as well as Linda who travel a great distance to be here. I was so to think about we are off the hook this year for the reunion. I thought sure I've heard people talking last year about maybe skipping this year but I guess not. What else I'm finding very interesting is that other extended family folks are asking about times and when and where the event will take place.


As I mentioned earlier the reunion Will Take Place, Saturday here in the community room of my building. I'm just a little worried that the place may not be large enough for the event especially if the extended family members who've asked about coming show up. I keep forgetting that besides just the brothers and sisters many of them have extended families that they bring with them children will got married and have children of their own. I wish I could've got a pavilion at the park next door but those go pretty fast. So as it stands now will be a general meeting at the all-you-can-eat place that we made standard operation the night preceding the main event then of course the reunion itself on Saturday. It's all done by Saturday afternoon except for there's always a contingency that goes over to my brother's home in the evening where they visit some more than that's it and everyone goes their way. I know it shouldn't bother me but the gathering always does somewhat intimidate me even if I don't have anything to do with it at all.


My plan now is to contact my older brother Carl and find out what if anything I can be doing. I think were going to have fried chicken again and have it picked up from one of the markets around the area. The point is to have as much catered are provided so we don't spend all over time cooking and trying to do things ourselves. For that last paragraph sounds familiar selfie rattle on about this before in other posts please forgive me but you got to realize getting a bit nervous…

No comments: