Monday, June 19, 2023

Blustery End of Spring Days

 


It's been a unique and interesting Monday as Mondays go. It was nice to enjoy the morning with nothing particular to do especially after doing everything in particular over the weekend. The clouds hung menacingly over the city but I've pretty much gotten used to that aspect of this early June. Temperature was still calling for mid to upper 80s by the end of the day so you just had to have faith. I was even contemplating going to a couple of movies to get my $20 investment out of the way. There are a couple pieces of animation I'm interested in at this point in time.


As I reviewed by emails of course got a notification from my dentist indicating my dental appointment is tomorrow (which I thought was Wednesday) and then I got one of those weird calls, automated, indicating that I had a appointment tomorrow morning at 9:15 AM! Both of these appointments are the same day again which I thought was weird because I knew that they were separated by one day but I guess I was way off. And of course is going to enjoy my Tuesday because there was no assist meeting tomorrow but now I've got a be out in the elements in the cold fronts coming through the night dropping the temperature down to the 70s with rain forecast in the morning) write when I'm sure

I'll be traveling. I'm expecting the morning appointment with my physician to be pretty straightforward and quick since just to document my need for baclofen. I don't think they're good to do any elaborate clinical moves like pulling blood or anything like that – – at least I hope not. I might ask about getting some physical therapy are so occupational therapy for both whatever my insurance will bear. I get gypped out of my insurance every year because they never take action on my request for occupational therapy or physical therapy. Part it's my fault because I don't become the patient from hell and demand such services but I should have an advocate who really pressed my case. It's embarrassing to admit that where I can advocate for other people I have a hard time advocating for myself.


Now all that aside probably early afternoon I noticed that I had a email already message from my friend Lori that there might be a chance of meeting with her friend Jerry having some kind of a lunch would I be open to it. I said yes even though I was kind of going to the movies but I think meeting with real-life warm human heart beating people is more important than celluloid of the movies – – in the movies will always be there whether it's today or tomorrow or day after. The human connection is what counts I think. So we ended up meeting later in the afternoon for coffee and pie and was a good outing the good experience. It seems like were suffering torrential winds right now the head of that cold front but the temperature got it into the 90s even which I was ecstatic when I came home from our pie adventure. It was late afternoon when I got home. I had missed my 3 o'clock marketplace which is okay that can be listened to at any time since they catalog all their shows. Then heartbreakingly I realized that I've done something to my foot box which will no longer allowed to lower low enough or go back far enough to get underneath my arm bike so until I can get that part fixed I may not be using my arm bike. Last time I did pump was Friday night don't know what's happened between now and then. This of course means a call into my wheelchair shop and of course that means giving up my chair so they can send it in ascertain the problem and then get the pardon and then give a dump my chair again doing the work and send it back to me the next morning I put this off as long as I can but now I guess I have to talk with Cameron over the wheelchair shop and find out when this is going to happen. I hate like hell not been able to exercise during this period of time SEE if there's any way I can figure out the jury rig on how to get close enough to the arm bike pedals to pump my back. I haven't done this long without pumping the bike in over a year. I feel like I'm missing somebody…

No comments: