Thursday, January 13, 2005

69 Hours and Counting

<>It’s Thursday, a short day for me. I calculated my hours and I am sitting on 69 hours for this pay period ! I figure I can put in 5 hours today then with my meeting at Disability Determination Services tomorrow I’ll have my 80 hours in this period. I will just leave from home for the meeting tomorrow, counting transportation I will not even have to come into the office unless I am needed but Cecilia has the office covered; there for I am free after tomorrow’s meeting. Meeting time is always due-able compared to desk-time.

I have to go down to Magic Rest today after work. Remember the issue of losing all the power in my chair last week? I am going in to have my batteries load-tested.
I realized these are new batteries, I Just bought them last September they shouldn’t be downloading this fast. My controller is clicking madly too and I am hoping these two items are not related, either way I know the experience is going to cost me. I am praying the issue is with the batteries and they still will be warranted (?) . I also found out yesterday when I called to set up my appointment, with Magic Rest, that the batteries were only 35 amp rather then the 75 amps I thought the batteries were. So I wonder how much of a jerk I need to be to make sure I get my needs met. You know the hard part about being a crip I not being able to do the physical thing I used to be able to do but getting screwed every time I turned around which forces me to be in continual asshole mode—I just hate that.

No comments: