Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Something very Scifi

The weirdest thing happened last night as I was waiting for the train home. I usually catch the train out of town at the Galivan Center in Downtown Salt Lake City. Well, I had just powered up to the Station and my train just pulled out. I have to wait another 20 minutes before the next train comes. There is a great bookstore right across from the Trax stop called Sam Weller’s Zion Book Store. Sam Weller’s put in a coffee bar over Christmas and it looks out onto the Trax stop. The weather had tuned cold by the afternoon (still no damn snow!) I can sit there in the warm, coffee aroma(ed) bookstore and keep track of the time. Here is the weird part. I noticed the electronic announcement board (where the digital clock is located and train arrivals are announced) went dark…these never go dark. I thought this was pretty weird so left the bookstore and went back onto the Trax stop so as not to miss my train. I noticed by the time I got to the top of my ramp that the displays were back on. When I looked closer I was blown away because they read “1:35 am January 1, 2095’. I looked round at the other passengers to see if they thought was strange but no one seemed to notice! About two minutes pass then all of the sudden the display changed to read “5:33 pm --January 11, 2005”. The universe was back to normal. I am trying to get hold of the Authority (Utah Transit Authority) to see if they can explain this to me but as yet to no avail. I am sure there is a really great explanation for this glitch I just thought it odd.

No comments: