Friday, January 28, 2005

Friday-Payday


Last Light for Friday. Posted by HelloFinally. The inversion has moved out—the only thing good about the inversion after the first of the year is: when the sun finally does return you notice the hours of light are getting longer…did I say that right? you know, it’s dark when I leave for work, inversion or no inversion. When we have an inversion for a couple of weeks and you leave the house roughly, the same time each day, it’s just dark. But, when finally, the inversion does move on and I crash out my front door in my power chair I see the first streaks of dawn: DAYLIGHT! Now, each day I leave it’s lighter and lighter and then it’s Spring.

So not only is it a Friday but it is also a payday and there are hints of Spring in the air. It does not get much better then this for the working Gimp. I wish all of you out there happy Friday and Happy Payday. It’s been almost a week now since Cinnamon passed. Dianne and I are still sort of mourning but moving on. We are at that weird stage where you still expect to see her everytime you turn the corner, or when you come home at night or you turn the corner to the bed room and you swear you saw the tip of her tail just slip out of the corner of you vision. I went through this when Sheelan died. I swear I saw Sheelan everywhere. Sheelan was this cute little crip chick who worked at the same independent living center I did. She died of ARDS a while ago now. She used a big old power chair for mobility she was pretty cool. So, I know these weird events are just part of mourning process. Life moves on.

No comments: