Sunday, January 09, 2005

Waiting for the Storm

<>
The promised storm never arrived! I was hoping to wake this morning to inches of snow but alas no snow, just warm temperatures. ` Actually that's OK. Once I accept there will not be the snow for me and my` wheelchair to contend with I am happy. The clouds are hanging low on the great Wasatch Range and after yesterday's challenges and trauma I have elected to stay in and I am cooking. I de-boned the ham, froze several packages of the red meat to use for sandwiches and other meals and place what was left of the bone into a vat of water with garlic, onions and carrots and the3 house smells great. Dianne cleaned house and brought in a load of wood for the fire place; perhaps if the fabled storm does arrive we can have a fire with our ham and beans tonight. Ahuni called from the cabin a couple of hours and go and she and her parents may join us for dinner too. The great table in the front--room has been cleared we'd have ample room. Dianne is working online with the desktop and I am hold up in my writing lair with the laptop. I still have to put together scalloped potatoes.

Shelly called and we had a great conversation--how can one ever be bored with quantum mechanics? We set up a blog for her but she does not feel committed to it yet...I think she will be though--poems and pondering--this is my Shelly.

It's not yet three in the afternoon so I feel I am still in the weekend---three PM on Sunday seems to be the hour of change for me. I start at that time thinking seriously of Monday and making what I call "Monday noises", getting the back pack filled with what I think I am going to need the coming week, finding my shoes, scarf and gloves, books, wallet and transit pass and putting everything by the front door. I hate Monday morning chaos.

No comments: