Friday, January 21, 2005

Dipping Back Into the Medical Model

Friday! I have worked a couple of hours over this week so I can leave the office a couple of hours early so I can go see Jamie, my MD, to get the hallowed signature and support letter needed to see if I can get my insurances to cover the cost of a NEW power wheelchair. This is always a trip, to see if Jamie will do it or not. I am sure he will! He always has just scripted out what ever I thought I needed to live as independently as possible. My Doc is Jamie Longee and he is the best, not intimidating, lets the consumer call the shots, a GP, but has an interest in Spinal cord Injury(SCI). I am beginning to have medical issues secondary to the aging process which I feel might be specific to SCI and quite frankly scare the snot of bringing the issues up even to Jamie. I just do not want to have to go back into the medical environment, no poking, no sticking, no cutting no rehab! BUT, I am experiencing discomfort more and more from sitting to urination. I realize that as I age I’ll have to be seen for these issues and that is that. I can always say "“no”" to anything suggested and see where I go from there.

I hope I have enough time, before my appointment, to get the batteries. I want to see if they will install them too but I doubt if that will happen. If I can just pick up the batteries today. I may be able to corner someone over the weekend to actually install the batteries.

No comments: