Thursday, January 06, 2005

Circles in the Snow

Snow fell during the night, not a lot but enough to make patterns as I wander toward my train stop. I catch the train early, a little after six in th a.m. I use a huge power chair, a Jazzy 1120. I travel about 6 blocks on the back streets of Murray Utah. I seem to be the only soul up and out in the snow at the time and i often make great patterns in people's driveways and out in the street. I spend most of my time in the street--cars don't use sidewalks-why should I ? The snow was falling --not too hard just hard enough to make you feel alive. There are three stop lights on the way to my train stop. It's so wierd stopping at a light in the middle of the night, no one else is round just you and the snow--I feel like a line from a Robert Frost Poem. I look both ways and run the light.

No comments: