Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Just Get The Wet Ones!

The answer came to me in the middle of the night, not a blinding flash just the answer--"Just get the wet ones!" When I was calling round for batteries yesterday, one of the battery house I talked to indicated they had a wet, deep cycle battery which cost $50.00. Then he told me the battery was the kind which had to be maintained like vehicle batteries-in other words every so often you have to open the battery up and add water if needed or check the density and you could never take the batteries with you on an air flight...The batteries I have been pricing are group 24, deep cycle, sealed gel cell batteries. These are the only battery for flying. Well, when the battery tech indicated the type of batteries the $50 buckers were "Wet batteries" I deep sixed the idea and kept trying to figure out a way to get the gell cells without breaking the bank.

I must have been mulling round the issue in my unconscious and realized that I hardly ever travel by air and if I do I never take my Jazzy. I have made the appointment to see Jamie( my doc) and if all goes well I will be ordering a new Jazzy very shortly , so I would not be using the "wet" batteries very long anyway. The major downside is if I ever turned my Jazzy over-- and it's been down once or twice--I could get acid burns but I really doubt this is a possibility...
FLASH--so get the $50.00 cores and get the camera !!! I am going to make the call later this morning.

It's a Tuesday/Monday( when a week starts after a holiday--you get the first day of the week feeling on the second day of the week-- just a bit of temporal confusion


No comments: