Friday, January 14, 2005

Back at the office

I just could not get the hours to come out right. So, I elected to come in the a.m. for couple of hours. That way I can leave with a clear conscience and even give the State an hour or so. I wish I were not so weird that way. I did take the afternoon yesterday off. I stopped at Magic Rest and they load tested my batteries and there seems to be nothing wrong with the chair or the batteries. I guess the batteries are just old and not holding a charge, plus the fact I drive the hell out of the chair, it's freezing and I weigh a ton--so maybe I just need to stop boobing bite the bullet and invest in two new batteries. I can afford it $230.00. This is the price if I buy the batteries from a battery house and have a brother or neighbor install the batteries...otherwise it will cost me $300.00 or more (see yesterdays or maybe fore posting regarding the screwing of America’s disabled. So I am sitting here at my desk with my power wheelchair plugged in so I have enough juice o make the train for my 11:00 meeting. I noticed I had a flat tire on my van last night when a slow leak. I had Dianne fill up the tire and I drove the van into work and dropped it off at the Firestone and should be ready when I am done at DDS. I am off after the meeting about 1:30 so maybe I'll get the batteries today and have them installed over the holiday weekend.

No comments: