Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Baggage


I think it's weird that I have such a good are accurate long-term memory. This is been reinforced in me many times over iLife special my ex-wife,, Dianne was always amazed at the things I recall. I do very poor at short-term memory trying to remember things even yesterday is a challenge or could've had a conversation and trying to convey what happened a few hours ago leaves me blank.


I don't know what happened somehow I've lost all my addresses particularly, my family addresses the ones I use to send Christmas cards.. So when this happens I call one of my siblings to see if I can get a copy of their list. Actually, I enlisted my brother,, who lives here in town for his last which he promptly brought over but many of the numbers on that list are no longer functional. So the number that did work was to my older sister Fay who lives in Kansas. This turned into a long conversation over an hour! We had a great time visiting and recalling things from our past. She is 11 years older than I am so she was often my babysitter. During the course of the conversation we talked about a cousin that lived with us and I was very young.. In fact this cousin and her sister both lived with us. And one of the girls got married about this time and the wedding was held in our house which I distinctly remember because my older brother and I were displaced from our bedroom for the ceremony and occasion.. My sister says there's no way I can remember this is is only six months or a year old but I remember. This all happened in “the old house” when we lived on Latah Street. It was a great old house which still stands to this day. I would love to get in it now and explore and find lost memories of my childhood..


We had a great conversation. I don't know why I go so long between visits like this. May be I'm afraid of being rejected or somethin part of my baggage of being in adopted child.

No comments: