Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas Miracle




It's Christmas – – the most wonderful time of the year – – and I'm sitting here alone in my apartment cooking a roast. Last year I was sitting alone in my room at the skilled nursing facility because I screwed up being for and got my wife angry at me by inadvertently making fun of my daughter. The year before that the family went to Washington to have Christmas wit Brooks in Washington when he was living up there. So can be used to being alone on Christmas day.. It's okay. I think over the years I've developed sort of a fantasy that I live out in my head on certain items of things in one of his Christmas Day or the whole Christmas season. I like to believe my Christmas is a compilation of all the Christmas scenes in the best Christmas movies and Saturday evening Post covers.

The snow came last night and quite surprised me. They been talking about a large storm coming in – – they always talk about large weather events coming in that breakout or fall apart just as they come into our area. So I was in my room all around 10 or 11 last night big window which faces out and is well lit by an overhead street lamp and I could see a major snow dump going on.. In fact I watch the snow tumbledown until 2 AM when I forced myself to go to bed.. It was a magical night.

I slept until about 8 AM I hardly ever happens except one except when I go to bed at 2 AM.. I admired the snowfall got ready for the day. A couple days ago I stopped in at the market purchased a $24 roast.. The rest is beautiful, fairly well marbled and is named Chuck. I searched various cooking methods o YouTube and got a pretty good idea on how to prepare the meat.. I know it sounds funny but this is exactly what I wanted to do today. I think going back to my fantasy concept I'm preparing a meal and great Christmas meal and family would love. Last night I even wished I'd gone to the liquor store and gotten a small bottle of booze to make a toast and I may still do that at New Year's knows?


I called a few friends and family this mornin or they called me. I wish you a Merry Christmas and advised them to stay home and not to worry about coming round if they had a mind to. I went down to the front of the building to check on the laundromat to see if there were any machines available. I stopped in the lobby where people have set up a candy shrine. Residents are dumping off candy and other goodies in the main area for the rest of the apartment folk. I've been giving almond Roca which I got from the drugstore couple blocks away. I've been used for gifts this year. I had one can left over so I decided to take it down and drop it off on the candy pile. When I got down to the lobby the family who isusing the great room for a family dinner saw me adding my contribution to the five. There the family of one of the folks here in the apartments. Anyway, my neighbor was having the dinner had her daughter put together a plate, a real roast beef dinner with desserts! This was my Christmas miracle. It was odd because last night watching the snow fall I wonder where the Christmas miracle was this year. Not that I expect to have a Christmas miracle every year but one usually shows up somewhere along the line in this year's Christmas dinner was mine.. Merry Christmas and God bless us everyone.

No comments: