Monday, December 12, 2016

Glazed Eyes



I bank at Mountain America credit Union and I was pleased as punch to find that the credit union had a branch office at Salt Lake Community College couple blocks from my apartment's.. This is even closer than when I was at the house in Murray. I ordered checks when I moved in to these apartments and they have not coming so I stopped into the branch on campus to see if there's a problem.. I think I've mentioned before how much I enjoy being on campus and vamping the energy young people exhibit.. I think I also mentioned that I was interested in taking a class for seniors on campus are actually take advantage of a program where seniors can audit a class for $10 a semester this is a deal. You have to sign a waiver form known they gave me one which I immediately lost. So is also back on campus to get another form to fill out.So I was wandering around reading the bulletin boards when my eyes happened upon an advertisement for a position which pays approximately 2500 a semester. I know this not a lot of money but this would greatly offset my cost on home healthcare. Because it's paid by the semester I suspect this is a work-study position and one that I probably would not even be eligible for but I thought I would ask just the same. This is like an assistance to somebody position in multicultural affairs on campus. Years ago I was an assistant/associate Dean and disability affairs at the University I graduated from.. So I kind of know how situation is. The advertisements that the check with the office of multicultural affairs for information which I did.

I was blown away with nostalgia as I asked individual at the desk about the position.. Of course her eyes glazed over immediately looked up towards the ceiling and was totally at a loss for what I was talking about.. She immediately indicated she would head to the back to ask someone with more authority than her what this was about. In a few minutes I was speaking to someone definitely older but someone who was also in the same fog. This person had been with bureaucracy longer you could tell because she started loading a load of you know what a pure Bureau-talk about how I would have to fill out all kinds of forms,, drop off a resume the whole 9 yards like a regular job.. She was clearly dancing for time. Then she indicated that fine comeback on Wednesday speak to the head of the office she would know more about the situatiothen. The thing sounds pretty ifffy . I wouldn't mind a part-time job on campus and possible and since I'm going to be on campus… I hope come January when I take this class it would be doubly fun to take the class and have a part-time job. I don't know if I'm overloading my plate for what the heck it doesn't hurt to find out.


I think I can do it and like I said it's worth a shot and I think been involved doing seems like this would be great for my disposition and by home health care.

No comments: