Thursday, December 29, 2016

Hunkering Down

I'm stranded we know that from yesterday's post. I guess I'm not totally stranded.. I really want to risk my life I can roll on the side of the road/street and get to what I need to get to – – the local market most of the time. It's risky but doable. Then there's always the phone my brother or someone else who has a vehicle and they can go pick something up for me at the market if I really need to have that item. But I think mostly it's just in my mind that I feel I'm locked in.. It's a nice place to be locked in. I'm warm I have food I prepared well for this kind of isolation and is all kinds of people around me. Granted, there older that I am many cases by decades but still the good folk. I guess my frustration also is the fact that I'm stuck in the middle of two major holidays, two federal holidays aand there is no one in their offices that has any power to make any change. I just have to be patient I cannot fault folks choosing to use their annual leave between holidays are losing it at the end of the year. I have been there I've been one of those people who couldn't be got hold of over this time.


This morning was “coffee Time” that time every Thursday morning when residents/apartment dwellers get together and chat. It's the same group of people with a coffee klatch– – some gossip, some real news and some feeling of togetherness. There is usually a member of the organization/management at this gathering and this person is by training a social worker but she doesn't do any direction or leading just sits in. Interesting. I'm a bit of a novelty in this group being the only male – – there been a couple other guys that's dropped in often on since I've been here but on the consistent one. I am just recently, the last couple of weeks, been speaking up more and more feeling like I belong.. This is been a good feeling even one that has me looking forward to the meetings.. This morning I brought up the issue of the snow in many of these folks use power chairs to assist their mobility even if they can walk short distances. They all know what I am talking about as far as not being able to access sidewalks or bus stops during the snow.. They'll feel something needs to be done, that local elected folk should do something about pressing local government types to do some snow removal that would assist us at least get the bus stops are the market across the street safely. Right now you're pretty much constrained until after the first of the year when the bureaucrats get back to their offices in the decisions can be made to or not to remove the snow. It would be nice if waterfront would push in and start thaw but I'm sure there will be another storm before then.

No comments: