Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Stranded!!


It's cold now the storm has moved on and I am  left to deal with its result.. Woke up very early this morning I think I was excited about the prospect of having my power chair repaired and maybe taking it out for a run. I was not being naive in respect that the mere fact that it snowed yesterday or day before – – on Christmas Day – – I knew I'd be in for some challenges but I still want to see just how far I can get with this piled up snow. I really want to get to my bank so I can get my counter checks, since my regular checks have still not arrived.. I was a little bummed that my branch which I used at the community college is closed over holiday break. It does not really surprised me but I was really hoping for more..

I quickly finished my morning activities as best I could then got dressed in a great white coat and glove to head out to get to where I can get. I was quite dismayed in that the snow had been removed only as far as the apartment boundaries.. After that the sidewalks and not been touched and their great piles of snow in the intersection or curb cuts. I was at least hoping driveways particularly from the apartment complex to the street were fairly clear. Luckily one is which allows me at least to cross the street.. But after that snow blockades. The streets themselves are clear and if I just get out into them I'll be okay . Actually I spend about 15 minutes shoveling snow off of one sidewalk entry only to find that once I got to the main sidewalk I was confronted with a wall still even at the UTA bus stop. I was really hoping UTA would maintain their bus stops at least to some point of access.. It's been a couple days now since the storm hit we should have better access than what we have now.

I rolled,in the street, facing traffic, on Redwood Road. It's always surprising to me ho lite traffic is on these roads during the day.I was able to get to the market and the merchants in that little ville. There were a couple of times that oncoming traffic came pretty close but overall it was a decent roll . So fortunate that not only is there a market but a pharmacy as well oon this block. I was able to get fresh fruit, lube and clearance items which was kind of fun I Which I'm really glad.


I have to admit I'm feeling pretty landlocked right now.. I can see I really have my work cut out for me to see if I can get better service on the sidewalks around our facility. This is going to require was likely meeting with our talking to the mayor, Councilman//woman as well as Marion the director of Utah nonprofit who I think wields for a little power. Hopefully I can also enlist folks here at the apartment complex. He would meet all our combined needs to be able to travel on clear sidewalks during the snow season… This can be done.

No comments: