Wednesday, December 14, 2016

In The Details


I continue to be plagued with either a laptop that will not be connected to the Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi that will not stay connected to my laptop 
either way I am frustrated having to go through a number of hoops just to get something posted.. Theoretically I should be able to access Wi-Fi here the building with my laptop and post from that but as you know, for some reason Wi-Fi and my laptop are only intermittent friends at best. Last week I was able to access the Wi-Fi from my laptop for three consecutive days. That was the best I've ever done. This week it seems it's been impossible to access the Internet via my Toshiba.. I pay about $27 on top of my rent in order to use the Wi-Fi as well as cable TV. At this point I could do without the cable TV but I would like to be able to work in Internet through my laptop. Yesterday I got a brochure in the mail teasing me to get the Internet and cable service for just $59. I got to thinking this is just $32 more than currently paying for dismal service maybe it's worth the investment to be free of Internet stagnation/frustration.. So I went back to my apartment and called Comcast.

I went through the initial recordings but I made my call finally got to somebody but anime of April. She was sounded nice but she really cared and wanted to help me get the best service possible. I tried to explain to April how I have the service currently and how I would like to have service that was dependable and not frustrating to work with. She said she understood.. Then she began searching for the best deal possible and to untangle the findings is currently enmeshed in through the apartments. It seemed to take forever but that was okay I had my whole morning. I wasn't going anywhere. The weather outside is damp And cold.April gathered my address, Social Security number even, checked my credit rating somewhere between placing me on hold and open discussions with her supervisor wwhom I assumed was listening to the call. Frankly I was amazed at how much time April is putting into this call.. I wondered if she was new and this was part of her training curve. Regardless I started getting nervous as we got closer to the end of the call. For whatever reasons it seemed like the cost of $59 was escalating. I was okay at first but then begin to get perturbed as I thought about all the people at this facility where I live that are getting their cable and Internet access for $27 and I'm going to be at $59. Then I learned that not only was initial cost $59 plus a setup fee, plus rent on equipment and two or three other charges that by the days endI would be in the project about 125 bucks and then my monthly cost would be $69 something. I know I probably crushed for April who had gone above and beyond her calling as a CSR (consumer sales representative).. As part of this bundle is even getting for phone numbers which I did not want, which totally confused me in which I had to take they would not sell me this bundle of services without the virtual phone numbers. This put me over the edge and I flat out told April I did not want the service. I would just continue to live by on the poor Wi-Fi I have at my facility. The cable is all right I just assume not have it but that's part of the Wi-Fi. I can use the Wi-Fi with my tablet and my cell phone and the more I think of it I probably get rid of the TV cable and just suck the Wi-Fi out of the building. And use whatever I get.


I'm sure somewhere along the line I shot myself in the foot somehow. And it's silly having to run all over just to post this entry to my blog. I would love to have a modem all to myself but I guess that's not to be... just yet.

No comments: