Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Put Me In Coach I'm Ready To Play

.I knew this day was going to be a challenge from the onset. Even if 8 inches of snow had not fallen over the holiday and even if the temperature was above freezing today would still be challenging. Today's the day that outside medical indicated I could get my chair repairs in a two hour period of time. The only problem is how do I get my power chair from where I am in Taylorsville to alpine medical particularly if I am not in the chair? This question has been plaguing me even before I set the appointment. Initially, Alpine indicated it would take a couple of days to service the chair but later they called back indicating they could cause the repair in two hours.
Two hours I can do in my manual chair even though I haven't used my manual chair hardly at all since my surgery.. So I've little intimidated from that standpoint. However, I have to do what I have to do. I'd hoped I could get someone to take my chair in with the truck like my brother or my friend Duane or anyone. The great snowfall of course is a major challenge even if I could've got to the van I have been informed that the battery is dead in the van is covered in snow. I guess it could been dug out but I couldn't really ask Carl to do that – – he would and so what have Mark A but it was just too short notice. And Dianne is right for gotta stop asking Carl to do this kind of stuff it's just not fair and possible too dangerous.
I had hoped that in the worst case scenario that I could actually just drive my chair with me inside to the shop and there have someone help me transfer to another chair while they worked on my power chair. I never considered going in my chair before because the procedure would take a couple of days. So now it was an option but when I called and ask themthey indicated that that would be okay if I could transfer myself they cannot help me which is really kind of stupid because Alpine haslifts and could transfer me over. I decided to use the cab who has transported me before. I did not think it would be an issue to transport my power chair without me being in it.. Well when I called I got the answering service and they never know anything.. So I have to wait till the manager got in let me know they would be able to transport the chair. Up to that point I was getting quite discouraged because everything seemed to be not working. The answering service was sure they cannot transport my chair without me . And alpine medical need to have a commitment that I would be there for my 1 o'clock appointment. It did not look like I was going to make it. Finally, Ute Cab's called to advise me they could transport the chair – – I've given up and called Alpine told them I would not be able to make the appointment. Luckily each time I called to cancel I had received the answering machine. I was able to contact Alpine and let them know I was still coming in and luckily for me they had not cancel my appointment. Now it was just a matter of spending a couple of hours in my manual chair of the repairs being made..
I'm holding my breath have never done this kind of thing before with cabs and such. I have to admit I will be totally excited if in fact the chairs repaired and quite usable again. The lesson I have learned once again is not to give up, keep stepping up to the plate and keep on swinging.

No comments: