Friday, December 09, 2016

Old Friend


I had lunch yesterday with an old girlfriend – – someone who is reentered my life in the last couple of months. It's kind of weird but some interesting. Oh there's nothing there as far as the romantic goes, just two peopl who used to know each other in another time and another place.

We really linked up again thanks to Facebook a year or so I guess. She has family lives in Salt Lake as well as voicing so this was stopping place for her many times during the year as her family seems to be going through a real death spasm right now.she called me early in the week to find out more about the divorce.. It was kind of weird but me and I figured I should suggest that we get together before she leaves town which we did. We met at the loca Dee's restaurantwwhich is just a half a block from my apartment complex. We had a good conversation. We talked about our lives, our kids, our spouses of non-spouses etc. but we had planned for the rest of our lives. It was all polite all very appropriate.


We met at the Mormon dances 50 some years ago. We went to different junior high schools went across town from the other.. I still remember she was with a group of girls standing in a cluster and I got my courage up and I walked over and tapped her on the shoulder and we danced. I looked for her the next week and she was there and we just again by the third week we were fairly exclusive dancing the whole night together. We really only met at the dances not really having a way to get back and forth to meet any of the time during the week which is probably just as well. The following summer our church which is made up of many subgroups called wards put together a 24th of July celebration which brought all the youth together for a musical Festival on that day. There were a number of rehearsals at the stadium where the event was to be held which was also in my side of the time. So I met her at a couple of these reversals. Oddly this summer for an event happened I had my accident and things forever changed. We had a couple dates after my accident – – she even volunteered at the rehabilitation facility where I was going through rehab but I was too messed up physically and mentally at that time to appreciate her efforts. Of life went significantly different ways which is very interestingly remarkable.. I don't know if we would have been good together are and stay together. I hope we get any happier today than they are now but it was good to see her I appreciate her making effort to have the courage to look me up..          

No comments: