Friday, March 08, 2019

Binging With Popcorn



Don't you just hate it when you have something in mind that you're going to do and you're all set to do it and then you find there is a major obstruction to completing the task you had in mind? That happens to me more than I'd like to think about and once a gain happened to me this evening. Friday night, the kind not to want to stay in, turn the heat up pull the drapes are the shutters and find something on Netflix or just curl up with a good book. The snows been falling all afternoon with this March storm. It's an inconvenient storm not too cold, not really slippery or dangerous for me anyway. I'm finding it's kind of great subscribing to Netflix. I no longer have to worry about crossing the street and see what's going on with Red Box. I'm sure to get an almost new movie but still there's so much stuff on Netflix I'm well entertained. So perhaps even better than not having to get Red Box is having to return the video within the 24 hour period. Right now I am in the middle of watching the remake of the series Lost In Space. The new series is entertaining enough I think they took a lot of liberties in how they've portrayed the characters but like I said series is entertaining.

You might remember a few months ago I did a posting on ordering a new popcorn popper from Great Northern. I've used it once just to say that I've used it right after I got it. I'm ashamed to confess, I popped the corn and then just but the popper away without taking care to clean the popper. So, this evening I've decided I'm going to binge a little bit and watch the last three episodes of Lost In Space making a batch of popcorn to enjoy with the experience. I pulled the popper down from the covered and was shocked to find not only was there popcorn in the bottom of the popper but it seems stuck with some kind of super adhesive residue. I don't even want to think what the material is after all the only thing that was in the popper last was popcorn and oil. But there is a sticky or film like substance all over the bottom of the popcorn with remnants of popcorn and there was more filmy substance on the side seven on the top totally strange. I thought oh well and put everything in the sink ran hot water and soap.that would easily take care of the problem but I was quite surprised that cutting through, which had to be grease, was a major task. It must've taken me 15 minutes of hard scrubbing with hot water and dish detergent to remove, I hope all the material from the popper. I'm hoping now with adding new oil and popcorn that everything will be right. Who knows? I still don't really know how much oil to use with the popcorn. I did consult the Internet and went to the website where I got the popcorn popper and have some direction but I am a bit skeptical. I'm going to give it a shot and see what I come up with. It is almost 7 PM On a snowy Friday night and I'm good and do some serious television with a side of popcorn…

No comments: