Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Open The Gate



It was probably irresponsible and I should've made better use of my time but in a weak moment I pulled on my gear together and took off to the movies up the street. I sort of feeling I need to celebrate because the building manager stop by the apartment this morning and handed me the new gate operator which opens the side gate behind my apartment complex which opens directly onto Redwood Road and my bus stop.this was the gate that I complain so much about this winter during the snowfalls when the snow is not cleaned and I couldn't use the bus stop. Earlier this year something happened in the machine that reads my remote control system failed so not only my remote control but many others in the apartments controls wouldn't work either. Manager worked diligently to replace the items but it took a long time and finally today I have my controls and I figure what the heck I'll used remote to escape the apartments and head south to the movies.

I kind of went crazy, maybe it was the spring weather today the temperatures were in the upper 60s but it didn't feel that good just because we had a light cloud cover and lost the radiant energy/heat. Whatever the cause and not only purchased a popcorn and a Coke but I also purchased a box of movie milk duds! And I am not even counting the Apple I purchased apartments along with a Baby Ruth bar. The Apple was the one of the item I took in with me to the movie was the one healthy item I took home from the movie. The movie I wanted to see it already started by the time I got to the theater which is a problem with their computer software because I had defaulted to Capt. Marvel because the movie that I really wanted to see the computer when I checked movies for the day showed that is no longer showing. Kind of tick me off but I'm okay. I enjoyed the movie as well as the splurges of calories. I justified the movie attendance because it's cheap seat Tuesday and the gate.

During the snow season I learned to use the entrance to the back of the apartment complex for the cars parked for that side and of course they bulldoze the snow away very well there. Then when the gate malfunctioned I had to use the same route to get back onto the sidewalk to the bus stop. And I got used to using this route and it wasn't so bad is just nicer having the gate I can open with my remote especially when I get off the bus coming back from bookclub or a day on the town of meetings without having to go around the building coming through the back driveway gate but they also close it at 9 PM. It's just better this way. Using the back gate just makes me feel clandestine and that's kind of fun plus I don't run the risk of having to run into any of my neighbors not that running into the neighbors is a bad thing it's just the thing.

No comments: