Monday, March 11, 2019

Scam, Scam, Scan!



In Saturday's mail I got notification that my apartment insurance was due. Apartment insurance asserting got suckered into this when I renewed my van insurance after my van had sat idle for more than a year at my apartment complex. Longtime readers of the blog will remember that I got the van insured when we had the family reunion last year. Members the family thought it be a great idea if I had transportation to and from events. I was kind of sucker punched when all was said and done my insurance gone up like 20 bucks or more a month to over 100 bucks!

Now, don't get me wrong I love having the van in fact at one of my poems I equate having a van is equal to owning ground in the old days. Having a working vehicle somehow gives you standing in the community and certainly that you get the places a lot easier than public transit. But everything comes at the price and insurance as part of that price. I probably abuse by Brent twice maybe three times since the family reunion. Mark are one of my friends has to drive of course since I don't have a license. We also have to spend time to get the vehicle charged. I do not drive the vehicle enough to keep the vehicle batteries charged. I would probably have to go somewhere once a week at least to accomplish this feat. So, I am throwing away more than $1000 a year for the price of driving. I am stupid! I know this but I continue to keep the vehicle which means keeping the insurance. I am however going to cancel my apartment insurance which I think is a Royal scam. I know that as soon as I do such a rash act something will happen that would've been could've been covered by my insurance. And insurance by the apartment is not that much really just a few dollars a month but it's just the fact I paying American family insurance for coverage I doubt that I really need. Like I was saying earlier American family insurance is who I used to carry as insurance cover and supposedly I still am but for some reason coming back to my insurance after letting it go for so long I have to go to a high rate of coverage insurance pool something like that. So I'm insured with the “General” it's some sort of high risk pool which is just stupid. Maybe it's just my pride that forces me to carry the insurance on a dead vehicle. Maybe now that the weather is warming and once charged the battery should stay charged much longer and if I work at it I can get someone to drive me around once a week just to keep the battery charged. Am I not seen something? Is there a wicked joke being played on me?Aren't I really smarter than this? I mean actually how many cabs could I engage with $1000 over a years time? I could be going here and there doing this and that even if I just used a cab to get to events I couldn't reach by public transit like in the evenings, holidays and weekends. I'd probably still do all that and still have money in my pocket. But like so many other seniors giving up your personal transportation is just letting go a little bit more of that great American dream…

No comments: