Saturday, March 16, 2019

Saturday Night Meatloaf



I just did a blog search or a search of my blog to be more specific for the term “meatloaf” because I'm writing again about meatloaf tonight and I was afraid I was becoming a bit redundant and you know what I must have 10 to 15 references, at least, to meatloaf. References to either making a meatloaf, thinking about making a meatloaf, receiving a meatloaf is a gift are other possibilities of meatloaf. I'm just blown away at my seemingly preoccupation to meatloaf. With that in mind I know I should probably pass up this, once again salutation to meatloaf but you know what? It's my blog and I'm writing about meatloaf specifically Saturday night meatloaf.

I'm not going to try to fool myself, or you, that Saturday night meatloaf is different then Sunday afternoon meatloaf are Wednesday meatloaf. It's all meatloaf and it's all good. Meatloaf was the last thing on my mind today as I really enjoyed the first full day of sunlight that we've had for some time with even a little bit of springlike temperatures. It's a Saturday and things are always a bit more relaxed on the Saturday. I know a lot of retirees say that all the days of the same to them. I was even thinking back on my buddy Albert, next door Albert who died when his Mercury Cougar was tapped by another vehicle causing the steering wheel air bag to deploy bashing him in the head causing an aneurysm or brain bleed or whatever happens when the head gets traumaed. Al commented more than once especially on national holidays how each day felt the same there's no difference. Anyway it feels like a weekend to me, regular staff is not here, there are visitors who show up to see family that you don't see during the week there's definitely a a weekend feel to the joint. The only task I really gave myself today was to get over to the market and purchase ahead of cabbage for tomorrow's St. Patrick's Day dinner. I thought I had a couple of heads of cabbage rolling around my refrigerator but when I checked on them indeed they were cabbage but pretty much in the past tense. The leaves, when I started peeling them back trying to find usable produce, had a really bizarre papery texture almost like toilet tissue but tougher. I execute a couple pieces of cabbage leaf and I had a distant flavor but was definitely not viable for the celebration of an Irish holiday.

It's Saturday and I washed clothes yesterday and folded the clothes. I decided to go over to the food bank and get my weekly stash (I go over every week, as the readers know, but I read the information bulletin on food bank today – – really for the first time and it says that I'm only eligible to go three times a month. I guess they like me) I really love this exercise today scored big-time with a filet mignon, frozen shrimp and high-end meatloaf! I decided to cook the meatloaf today that way I will have the meatloaf for next week even though I'm going to have a huge sucking brisket of corned beef. I'll freeze what I don't want to eat.

I totally enjoyed having this meatloaf, it's a two pounder all set to go in its little pan an everything. I shoved it in the oven at 375 and cooked it for 45 minutes. The meatloaf is okay it's not the meatloaf that my mom would've made and it certainly is not the meatloaf that I would've made. Doesn't seem to have onions and definitely not the green peppers I would use its even light on the garlic. However cooked up nice and has enough tomato sauce/catch up on the top to let it pass is delicious the best part I didn't have to destroy my kitchen putting the thing together. I almost dropped it trying to get out of the oven but decided just let it cool down naturally I did slice off a couple of the end pieces just to do the taste test and I was more than pleased. It will be cold by the time I go to bed and now drag it out of the oven than quickly throw it in the refrigerator for this coming week…

No comments: