Wednesday, March 06, 2019

Legally Addictive Stimulants

Click me now

This morning, early, I was lying in bed waiting feverishly until 6 AM when I would get up and get ready for my home health person. Various thoughts were winding through my head when in a weak moment I decided I would give up coffee, probably cold turkey. I got the thinking that I was actually doing pretty good healthwise. I never really understood why people weren't supposed to enjoy coffee or at least drink coffee because it stimulated the heart and of course would probably lead to a heart attack or other heart disease issues. I never really pursued it to the end – – no coffee no heart stress no heart attack by take the risk?

One of my favorite lines in You've Got Mail where Tom Hanks(Joe) is telling his friend what they're going to “Because we're gonna sell them cheap books and legal addictive stimulants”. Legally addictive stimulants , Coffee.I hate to be so prosaic but you know, I love coffee and I love that line from the movie. I love everything about coffee especially making stuff. I like purchasing coffee beans and taking them home and then opening the package and taking that first smell. There was a time I even stored the coffee beans I was not using in the freezer compartment of my refrigerator. I invested in a small grinder and would grind just enough for one pot of coffee. As you know from earlier postings I did not really drink coffee until my middle to late 30s. So the whole concept was new to me and I very much enjoyed the procedural aspect of the habit. And I'm a lightweight, their coffee drinkers out there were much more anal and I am. And that's cool. I love dark coffee, as dark as you can get it, French roast, Italian and one or two Middle East blends that I doubt I could ever find again.

I was not going to do it but this morning when I rolled out of bed at 6 AM drove into the kitchen the first thing I did was start my process filling up the coffee maker with clean freshwater and loading the coffee into the filter hitting “start” and headed into shave and get ready for Dana. Like always him in the denial. I am convincing myself that I don't drink enough coffee to worry about as far as added heart tension goes, Space of the 10 cups of coffee I made this morning I've only had really one cup of coffee if that much. The rest I will heat up tomorrow and drink as I look around the kitchen the clean kitchen (my clean person Gail, came today I'm so excited) tomorrow's also Thursday which means it's coffee day and the always load be with “take-home coffee” to doctored to go cups which I'll balance on my lap and dump into the coffee that I heated up in the morning and drink the rest of the Day. But tomorrow is going be busy I'll be gone most the day. Maybe I finish it up on Friday as everyone knows coffee lasts forever… Does that make it celestial?

No comments: