Friday, March 15, 2019

Hypochondriacal



I have been trying something new the past week or so and that is to generate ideas for blog entries from the early morning just before I rise. I typically get up around 6 AM. On days that my home health person, Dana comes I am for sure up at 6 AM other days Tuesdays Thursdays Saturdays and Sundays I may sleep in till seven if I'm really really lucky that you rarely the case. Many times on the 6 AM days I actually wake up around five and those on and off till 6 o'clock. This is one I've noticed I will be focused on a particular idea or thought and often stretch it in the 500 words or more for the days blog. I really appreciate this because sometimes I get spooked them not to be able to come up with anything. This new method is been so productive actually gotten a couple ideas backed out so I'm no longer stressing, worried that I'll be a blank slate with nothing to write.

It's kind of funny that sometimes you actually have an idea that would be a good blog entry and not even realize it as golden. And I have to be sharp. At first I thought I'll remember these, but invariably if I don't write it down one where the other immediately the idea evaporates and no matter what I do I cannot find the gem that I had. Sometimes may be I might get close but I can tell just not as perfect as the initial idea and sometimes, just sometimes I come up with the exact same thought I love those moments. Dana's great! I really enjoy having her as a home health professional. One of the best parts about Dana is that she is a professional but she's not so caught up being a professional that she cannot be human I guess that makes her human professional which I truly appreciate. Dana is really good for me. She thinks I'm a bit hypochondriacal and she's right. I always think I'm sick I'm getting sick. I don't think I'm is bad is the roommate on the odd couple (Jack Lemmon in the TV series) but Dana spends a lot of time refocusing me. One of things I really like about Dana is that she is so counterculture. In another day she'd been a great hippie she still is kind of a hippie. See spiritual and not spiritual at the same time she sees things that other people find disturbing, shocking frightening and weaves the experience into the flow of her daily life. Take for example this morning she was moved me from my power chair over to the shower in my electric left. It's pretty cumbersome I'm cradled in my electric left in being pushed into the bathroom to be placed on the toilet. In the midst of this Dana is talking and suddenly stops she is seeing “the cat”. I of course do not know what she's talking about I do not have a cat and I do not want a cat. I am not a cat person but Dana then informs me that it's a spiritual cat. A spiritual cat? Is she replies “yes” this is not the first She is seen she tells me. One or two other cats she's noticed while she's working with me. For some reason my apartment is a focal point for spiritual cats most likely felines that of lived here or died here over the period at the apartment. It's not a big deal the beast just sits there and watches us in the way cats do. If I wanted to I could let this kind of freaked me out but it doesn't. I'm happy to have the cats I just don't want the Masters showing up anytime soon…

No comments: