Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Gaining Control… Finally

 



I don't know if I'm healing because I don't know if you heal from spasmodic bladder neck whatever the hell I have but I think I'm beginning to feel I'm in more control than I have been. I've been getting pretty spooky over the last couple of days with the amount of urine I've spilled on the bed (be fully aware that I had numerous pads underneath me catching all this stuff) on my clothes etc. etc. perhaps one of the things that's freaked me out the most is feeling that completely covered with urine And I'm completely radiating the odor of dried uric acid. The senior bus rider smell. Also secondary to this battle with urine I'm currently going through is that many times in the morning I wake and the pads I'm using our saturated and I have to transfer from the bed and to my chair. Typically, I use the pads as a smooth sliding device to let me inched to the side of the bed swing my legs over and then tried to produce a guided fall into my chair. The problem with the wet pads is that their major friction devices that cause me difficulty of making this transfer to the point were a couple of times I thought is, go to the floor. I confided in Dianne some of these worries I've been having and of course in her best manner went right to work researching what I needed. She's found these great pads that holds up to 2 cups of liquid i.e. pee. I don't know if I completely believe that the holds enough to get me through some tight spots like running from apartments to the market and back again. And maybe just maybe, assist me with my sleep issues as far as trying to stay dry.


As you know this was all happening again yesterday afternoon. We spent some time visiting with Dianne sometime during the day chatting on the Internet in this morning hundred and four high-quality pads arrived at my door! Amazing! Just amazing. I'm still figuring out how to best use these new pads with the soon to be pretty effective with gives me great rise to hope. Now, I've also taken strides to make sure that I have transportation to my visit to the urologist the first part of November. Since that is the next step in trying to figure out what's going on with my poor bladder. I just hope it's not cancer since Lombardi ruled out infections. Now, I'm thinking maybe I will increase my home health visits so I did a shower every day. That's a lot of people in my life I really don't want to have. Three days a week is fine but seven… I just don't know. Still, I don't know how many times the fire department will come to pick me up off the floor. I'm going to contact Salt Lake County Senior services to see if there's a rumor programs that might be eligible for. I really doubt that there is but I keep hearing this verbal mirage that people are getting services just like me through these senior programs somewhere I think they'll be something that allow me to keep being as independent as I need to be in some degree of comfort…


No comments: