Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Tuesday Night Delight

 




It really wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be. Dinner that is. For the past couple weeks I've been coveting a good tamale pie. I like the almost instant variety of tamale pie which is basically a canned chili in the saucepan covered with cheese and then covered with Frito corn chips. All the things I really like. My stove/oven had been kind of inaccessible for the last couple weeks. Maybe the other not so much as the rest of the kitchen which really sort of put me off wanting to put together anything semi-complicated. But today with the rain and the wind in the cold weather I felt like I wanted to do something somewhat robust and what's more robust than tamale pie? Last week I picked up three cans of Hormel tamales and already had cans of chili. I do have a can of Hormel chili and I should've used it instead of I used a can of chili that I got from the sharing shelf which may not of been that great idea The Did not even have beans in the chili.


Went to work to bring everything into my casserole dish made sure it took the papers off the tamales the can. The cover them with the can of Chili beans which looked disgusting but I was committed. The canned chili with no beans was a pretty much gelatinous mess so I decided to add the canned Hormel chili which seemed to help a lot as far as the visual went as a good bit of shredded cheese on top of that a nice cheddar I been purchasing of already shredded them cover the top with Fritos corn chips. I should've put a can of all lives in the mess as well as some jalapeno peppers but quite frankly by that point in the game I was pretty tired and just want to have some dinner. The news was on as I put the mess in the oven space and let it cook for 35 minutes. It's really difficult for me to get things into and out of the oven I slop a lot. But at the 45 minute mark I opened the of and pulled out the casserole and dished up my dinner leaving the mother lode in the hotbox. Like I said as I started the dinner was not as good as I'd anticipated. I did have a couple of jalapeno peppers in the table scooter to a cottage cheese on top that made an okay dinner and I have a lot of leftovers which should stretch for the end of the week. I'll toss in the refrigerator letter congeal up a little bit then carve Out bowls full for the rest of the week. I had spent last night and this morning cleaning the kitchen are trying to. It was great getting back in and cooking. I have a pound of hamburger defrosted for just think of going to form a meatloaf very soon. Thursday I have a tooth extraction and meatloaf and mashed potatoes and gravy sounds like a survivable dinner…

No comments: