Monday, October 04, 2021

Paper Cut


Seems little things frustrate me these days. It's the first of the monthand you dedicated readers know I write my to various people every month mostly grandkids. It's quite a workout for me academically, I don't know if that's the right word, but I have to write a lot to think up a lot of stuff to write about since I don't do a lot of cutting and pasting. Each letters its own letter. Now I'm writing about 10 letters a month and there usually to pagers so that's 20 pieces of paper roughly. If I was smart I would know how to program my computer/printer to write on both sides of the paper. That would certainly be the prudent and responsible thing to do. As of yet however I have not got that piece of technology down. I guess the point that I'm laboring to make his that yesterday I finally got pretty much the last letter finished. So I figured I would print letters this morning, early, while I waited for my home health person to get here for my routine. Of course I couldn't find my stash of paper anywhere and I know that I've got one because I ran into this problem last month. So I only need about 20 pieces and I figured what the heck I'll just borrow some paper from the printer in the computer lab upstairs and of course somebody had already beat me to that. There's only two pieces of paper in that industrial size printer. Little by little I was getting the hint that I was going to have to rule forging for paper. But I did one last search of the apartment. I mean come on work livestock arena of paper. It's got a be here somewhere I just can't find it but somebody get these letters out going to have to hit the road.


Is there would've been simple just to cross the street and check out Macy's. I'm sure they carry printer paper or I could've gone to the drugstore on the other block they would have paper for sure but I thought I would like to check out the bookstore at the Salt Lake community college. I fear after all what better place to get a good deal on printer paper? You know starving students, everybody's got to do papers term paper and otherwise they've got to offer a good deal. Truth be told I had not been on campus since the term started when I was little interested to do the rollaround see if anything was new. There wasn't of course. There was a bit of a change the one coffee/tea shop seems to have gone somewhere replaced with I'm not sure what I would call it had all kinds of stuff to eat and otherwise I think. The hamburger joint was still open and still limited and they never got the other section of the cafeteria finished or going again. The place for the six pizzas where you can buy them one piece of the time. That's what I would've liked. Anyway, didn't take long to find stacks of paper but there was no prices by figure paper come on couldn't cost that much. I threw it on my lap and rolled up to the cashier she took the ream touch the keys and demanded $12! I was expecting something like three or four bucks. After all just computer printer paper. I've corresponded protested and she did some checking and came back with a price of nine dollars which was a little more easy to deal with but still I thought high. I should've just spun around and headed out and picked up a ream at the drugstore or at the market. But the more I thought about it, pandemic, all the problems in the financial world and forest fires everywhere may be paper just another one of the things that cost more.


I'm going to watch this ream a lot closer and make sure it doesn't “walk” away. Even then I don't know how it would walk no one's ever here… That I know of maybe I should luck my door…

No comments: