Tuesday, October 05, 2021

On The Train

 



I'm in pain but it's survivable. It's just my teeth I have a temporary crown or That's been going on a couple years. I don't know or remember why we let it go so long. I think the doc wants to know how far it will go before it finally goes nova, you know when the pain so excruciating that you get bursts of light behind your eyelids and you writhe on the floor Asking for anyone to put you out of your misery. Lucky for me I haven't got quite to that point but the pain is intermittent to the point where I'm living on Tylenol and ibuprofen. I actually take the drugs to get the sleep or if I wake up during the night with throbbing pain I drop a couple tablets which usually got to get back to sleep for a significant amount time. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm surviving but today I made the call, since my dentist does not have office hours on Monday's. I have a scheduled appointment next week but I called him this afternoon to let them know that they been able to work me in on Thursday, day after tomorrow. I can survive till then.


I rode the train in to my Assist, Inc. meeting today. It was my first train trip in some time I forgot how strange going inbound is sometimes. On the trains there is a spot left open for people with disabilities specifically people in wheelchairs. Allows you to ride parallel to a bar to hold onto a lot of people like to put their bikes in that position as well as mothers with strollers like to use that spot as well which was the case today. It was a family which I think was Native American. There is a stroller with all kinds of baby things as well as food up against the wheelchair section. To be fair the owner of the stroller started moving all the stuff when she saw me board but I waved her off and told her not to worry I could ride at the end of the car. That's when I realized there is a whole family of folks all the same color. What was really cool was that grandma was schizophrenic or something she was is going on and on sitting with the kids on the train – – I mean her kids they were definitely family – – the family didn't even seem to notice, care or maybe they just accepted grandma talking to whoever she was talking to the left her alone. One of the family members had a cute baby girl maybe 8 to 14 months. The kid was at that stage where she accepts everybody even crazy grandma. The mother had put an adorable On the little girl and the little girl was busy trying to make contact with anybody who would acknowledge her. She waved to me and I waved back which of course reinforced her to waive some more. Mom encouraged the whole thing. I had my camera out and was playing the with the camera like many people do. I was going to try to catch a short video grandma but it was too risky. Instead I want to get a picture of the little girl. I should just done it but instead I asked the mother if I was all right if I took a picture of the little girl and I thought she was close to say “sure”. Mom smiled at me and said no the next thing I knew the mom her sister's little girl picked up and moved to the front of the railcar. I believe think about how many creepy people are out there taking pictures of kids so I guess mom had a point. I was so freaked out that point I forgot all about crazy grandma.


Perhaps the best part when I got on the train and got squared away I noticed across from me some guy passed out on the seat with a wagon full of treasures. I was most impressed with the wooden ring that housed some sort glass window. I don't know the guy picked it up somewhere and thought he could sell it somewhere that it was definitely stuck in his wagon on the train going to town today in Salt Lake…okay

No comments: