Monday, October 11, 2021

Less Then A Mile

 

Would


I should worry about myself. I'm becoming a bit of a hermit. Today I've only gone 8/10 of a mile partially because I didn't have anywhere else to go, partially because overture storm is bearing down on the Wasatch front and partially I was trying to survive my reality as it is right now. But good things come out of the day I'm totally amazed at how things go.


I was a bit worried starting out because Tristan, my home health person, who was a stand-in for Melanie who has disappeared into some form of long-term hospital care. Tristan, has become my go to person but Kristen is young and seems to travel a lot especially on weekends. I cannot be mad at Tristan, because that's what young people do, that's what people should do especially after the psychological trauma he's been through the last couple weeks as long as I'm covered that's all I care. Well, the stress would've been a lot less significant had my temporary for Tristan been my usual temporary for Kristen who was/is Gloria and if my possible cleaning person hadn't chosen to data be her first day. I was promised by the agency that was ever substituting for Gloria/Tristan would be at my place at 7:30 AM which I figured I could work with because Sunflower, the possible cleaning person, had I didn't kid she could be here at 9 AM this morning. I was a little concerned about having her come in with me being butt naked hanging from my slaying being given my enema. I did not know what to expect. Welcomes I didn't matter because by 7:30 AM home health first didn't show up tell a little after 9 AM and Sunflower informed me that this would not be a good day to be doing any cleaning because she was exhausted. However, she indicated she would or could drop by just to scout out the premise and the demands that it might place on her timewise and otherwise.


It all worked out kind of. Sunflower is a very high strung individual who really does not have the organizational skills I might need in a housekeeper. I think my place freaked her out to be honest with you. She was going to visit with my son (who referred her to my needs) after I visit with Mark Anthony about whether or not to engage her as a housekeeper. She volunteered to do regular cleaning type things like sweeping, mopping cleanup service counters etc. but the counters must be exposed first. I think she has potential to do some housekeeping for me but not what I was really looking at or hoping for. I think Gloria's if I can get her to work as a housekeeper for me Gloria might work out If she can. However, Gloria is also going through a ton of personal issues and I don't know if she can break free. So I'm kind of back to square one. More to come for sure…


I called my trusty go to person Alan who works for the wheelchair shop/Intermountain healthcare systems to see if he can put the restraint belt back under my chair which is taken off last Thursday was trying to fix the left arm of my chair. He asked to stop by later on in the afternoon and fixed my restraint but also he listened to my complaints about how problematic this chair is been and he indicated that he could push the warranty – – was nobody else had and I really didn't have skill sets to do that – – I didn't really believe in but let them talk later in the day he called back after he got back to his office and called the factory and sure enough many the problems I'm having will be covered under warranty but I've got a go through my guy Alan and not through IHC wheelchair shop who tries to push it through as an insurance payment – – which the insurance people will not touch because my chair is So new. Leave it to Alan he's got my back you know what that's exactly what I'm going to do. He's been in contact with the local quantum people, quantum is the make in my chair or ;, who are shipping out a piece that I need and should be able to have it fixed by Thursday before my extraction takes place. I'm just amazed sometimes about holiday turns out…



No comments: