Thursday, October 28, 2021

Procrastinator



See this mess under my rack? It's been there for about three weeks. My box of Cheerios, knock off Cheerios, got knocked from the rack and spilled on the floor. Other items fell off the rack at the same time and all of them are just eight on the floor irking me every time I looked at the mess. I don't know what is going on with me but I just couldn't bring myself to take the time and a broom to go over and sweep it up sort out the things I want to keep throwing thing else away. This would've been simple, it would be done and that would be it. I think secretly I'm trying to convince myself that I'm going to have a housekeeper who is going to come over and take care that mess. While obviously, the housekeeper has yet to materialize in the mess remains. I'm really hoping that my current home health care person is going to assist me with a little housekeeping services on the side. This is the last shot at private housekeeping services/provider the next step is to find some sort of upscale agency that provides these folks I know this will probably cost a fortune but maybe I can do little bits of the time. What I'm really hoping for some form of county or state systems that work with people disabilities are people who were seniors provide these desperately needed homemaker services. Actually full truth. This morning soon after getting up I grabbed a broom and went after the mess.And seriously took only a few minutes. I had my dustpan the long handle ready to go and sweep sweep sweep and everything was in the dustpan I sorted through the pens and pencils and chopsticks and a few electronic connecting cords in the space beneath the rack was clean and quite a respite for my eyes that I no longer had to look at everyday. This afternoon I actually made us trip to the new Dollar Store to find brushes to use to brush the dirt from the corners of my food prep area. I really do like to have a clean area to do my food prep. It's mostly dried-up food like the tops of pizzas, a lot of crust and when dried-up items like breadcrumbs, crushed crackers that just sort of get pushed to the side in the cracks that if I had a brush would make the job of cleaning up so much easier and look so much nicer. This afternoon I went to the store and found two great brushes that will do the trick came back brush them up and down the cracks and soon I'm ready to protect what's left with a damp cloth – – maybe I better soak the area for a few minutes or hours to make sure I get all the dried-up mess easier to deal with. I've been actually dealing with this issue for years but today in a few minutes at an all a dollar kind of place I got exactly what I needed. Why do I take so long? I wish I could say that I turned a new leaf I'm going to keep up this kind of housekeeping but I know I won't go to rely on that fantasy that someday I'm going to have a housekeeper will make all the difference…

No comments: