Thursday, October 07, 2021

Parts

 




I really thought today was going to be a bit of a breather, you know a day we can take a breath, relax a little bit. The weather forecast was cloudy with possible rain heavy at times. The only thing of any significance I had today was a very early appointment with my dentist across the street to try to alleviate the pain in my mouth I've been suffering with the last couple days. I would've had the appointment at 7 AM if they would've taken me but as it turned out to 8 AM timeslot got pushed back to 8:30 AM. The whole staff are my friends so every time I visit a visit with everyone. Everyone takes it interested me I feel like family. I don't know what I was thinking I was hoping they would fix the tooth problem But that wasn't the case. Pictures were taken or x-rays or whatever it is these days it shows indeed I have an abscess and after much discussion it looks like for going to extract the failed tooth sometime next week after I started a regimen of some kind of-cillin To take care of the infection. I was a little spooked at first because the extractionleave no tooth on the bottom to grind food with meaning all that would have to go to the left side of my mouth – – which I'm doing now – – and it's survivable.


So that's how I started my day. My prescription was called into the local pharmacy and I went back to living with my ibuprofen and chewing on the left side. The day was warmer than anticipated in the clouds seem to vanish for a short while so I figured why not. I jumped the bus went into the city to the Utah assistive technology programs storefront. The place for all the used equipment is housed in where they can do work on power chairs if you coax in the right way. Today, I was happy just to get that front caster/wheel replaced. I was pleased everyone was in a good mood when I got there and they soon found the front wheels that I needed and volunteered to put them on my chair this was a good sign. All I was there I figured I'd shoot from the hip and asked if they might have parched fix the side of my chair, the arm that won't keep locked, which is been driving me crazy the past couple days. And soon it seemed the entire staff was working on parts of my chair that as quoted about four or $500 at the wheelchair shop. Long story short they ended up fixing, or seems to be at this point, the left arm of my chair, replaced my front wheels at five dollars a wheel Which is really only charge I was charged. Made out like a bandit. I also picked up a few other items but really had a great time talking to the staff in getting my wheelchair taking care of. I never did run into rain even though it was forecast. This is good although I did have my hood just in case I needed

No comments: