Wednesday, October 06, 2021

Perfectly Stimulating

 



I must confess I'm one of those many Americans who didn't spend their stimulus money like the feds wanted me to. I know the big deal was to give the money out and then have the good responsible citizens spend their brains out thereby stimulating the economy. Had I even wanted to be a good American I still could've spent the money the way they would've liked me to. So, it's in my bank account just hanging out. Truth of the matter is I thought I had been spending the stimulus money. I blended the checks in the by regular account as they came and continue to spend is always. There's the rent, grocery shopping (sadly, which I also count as my social stimulus) medications which are really limited and of course attended care/home health services. The news whatever medical/dental which is not covered by insurance which this year she was be a lot of dental but even with that I'm amazed at how will my account continues to be relatively healthy. Then I realized it was the extra 2000+ dollars which came in over the year. It's been great! I'm sure not complaining and certainly take anything more the feds might like to ship my way. In fact I was about ready to purchase a new tablet since I figure my tablet I am using now is about at the end of its road. It was beginning to malfunction. When Mark Anthony was over on Sunday I told her my problem and he looked at the the tablet and basically just reset the whole thing is working perfectly ever sense even better than it was. I was ready to spend. Now I can justify.


I don't know if it's the stimulus money but I kind of think it is part related to the stimulus package. Rather than coming to me individually came in the mail as coupons. Couple weeks ago I got the above glossy document in my mail and I almost knee-jerk threw it away by looked at it closer and saw that it was to coupons for 15 bucks each to local restaurants and stores. Of course that sure was a gimmick but thought better hold onto it just the same. I I read it closely and it looks like it should spend just as cash. The next Thursday at the coffee social I asked some of the people had they use the document. To my surprise a couple had and it was just exactly as it said on the documents use as cash. You don't get cash back when you spend the coupon I understand but certainly get what you order up to the level of the coupon which is $15. I don't know if you can add to coupons together. I wasn't quick enough to process a lot of people thought it was junk mail and it went right into the garbage can next to the mailroom. A couple of the more crafty residence here did some diving came up with five or six of the coupon mailers. A lot of the local properties are accepting the coupons especially the local steakhouse which kind excites me. What I have to do now is just getting here and go do it. To spend some rumor that there's a possibility that these coupons might spend out or that the amount of money allocated for this project will run out at some point in time. The local city governments were the recipients of this funding which I guess they sent out to everybody in the form of these coupons and when they spend them down and they lose all the money in their coffers that will be at. With my kind a lot I'm sure they've already spent the money out but maybe a long check just the same first chance that I did. Either that or go hungry when I could've had steak…

No comments: