Sunday, October 31, 2021

Tricks and Treats







 Because of all of urinary issues I've been going through I become very self-conscious about my appearance and odor. I think that may have been one of the reasons that I slept so poorly last night. I knew this morning I would have to get dressed and go out in public for breakfast with Mark Anthony. I really did want to lose track of time and sleep past the time I would need to get ready for the excursion so I just had intermittent sleep sessions all night long and finally got up around 5:35 AM in order to make sure I was ready by the 7:50 AM when I would leave to meet up with him at the restaurant. Oddly with all the items Dianne is supplied me with particularly the pads I'm feeling more comfortable about going out in public. I still did the really deloused my chair one of these first days but that may have to wait for another week. Mark Anthony indicated he would help me with this project stinky as it is an weird wash the cover and the cushion itself. Anyway, after a fine breakfast, we came back to the apartment Mark was focused on helping me try to get some ordered to this mess and he did by gosh. I was amazed at what we were able to do in such a short time. I bet we spent just an hour and a half working on various aspects of the apartment. Even just stacking all the papers and stacks and doing a good healthy throw a session we got large parts of the apartment taken care of. Looking forward to more of such events in the near future. One problem I had specifically that need to be cleaned was my screen that's to my computer it's actually a flat television screen but I've always used it as a monitor which I think works just fine but over the years is gotten a bit cruddy and today I had Mark Anthony wash it down. I'm lucky I asked him before I went out it with my bottle of Windex and long rag stick. Mark explained to me that the chemicals in Windex would've been harmful to the screen. So he just washed the screen with warm soapy water and it worked! We worked on a couple other projects and then I turned him loose to get on for he had to do for his Sunday. I just messed around little bit until I found a site I get back to my letter writing project in hopes to get my letters out by tomorrow afternoon. I don't know if that's possible at this point having lost the whole day but not a big deal. So about an hour so after market left I decided to jump into my project however when I turned on the PCU for some reason all I got on this monitor/screen was “No Signal”! I of course dropped right into my bag of superstitious behavior and did things like turn the computer on and off, numerous times, hoping the screen would pick up. I looked the wiring checked the wiring is much as I could, really difficult for me to try to monkey around my CPU. For some reason the signal wasn't getting from from the box to the screen. I of course called Mark Anthony since his last one to actually do anything with the whole computer system. I had not worked on the computer since he clean the screen. He of course tried the same things that I suggested I even monkeyed around got a picture of the back of the CPU which is a real trip. I was hoping he would come back over and fix it but that didn't seem to be in the the cards so I would need to find another solution. So I started looking at the problem again and this time I looked behind the screen/monitor and sure enough I found cord unhooked from the screen but there is no way I could get to it from my power chair. So I began wandering the halls of the apartment complex trying to find an able-bodied and actually one found me which I immediately dragged to the apartment and sure enough she plugged the cord in here we are. I'm glad Mark Anthony did not have to come in from Daybreak I think it's a long drive. I'd pretty much lost interest in writing anymore letters today so I just went out to the back and read my book enjoyed was the last warm days of the season… Happy Halloween!

No comments: