Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Losing The Crown

Today's snow on Salt Lake bench is



My tooth has stopped aching. I'm not sure what that means except that the pain I was experiencing the first of the week and all of last week now has subsided to almost nothing. And the reason I bring this up is that tomorrow at 3 PM I'm scheduled to have my tooth extracted. The molar with the temporary, spending by its lonesome in the back of my mouth on the lower left side. I think we stuck the temporary On their at least three years ago, possibly four and I never got around to getting the real/permanent crown and then the doctor and I sort of sort of “in this gave a chicken about how long that temporary crown would last. As I it's been acting up the last week and a half. I've been living on Tylenol and ibuprofen to get through the days of the nights. Now yesterday or maybe day before miraculously the pain is all but stopped in the molar as well as the teeth above it. I think the teeth above the molar are okay and what I've been experiencing with them is just referred pain from the temporary crown. My knee-jerk reaction is to call the doctor's office to cancel the extraction but that stupid because the pain is going to come back. Perhaps the pain stop because I've been faithfully taking the amoxicillin or whatever cillin three times a day. Maybe the drug has stopped the abscess and whatever else is happening in my mouth. I need to put on my big boy pants and roll over there at 3 o'clock tomorrow afternoon and do the extraction. If I don't I'm sure I'm going to be sorry. There was a time Not so long ago that I would be freaking out even contemplating tomorrow's extraction having to develop these incredible mind games to get me through the time until the procedure. Now it's like shrug my shoulders and say let's do it and get through it. I had another quasi-medical procedure this morning – – I don't know if to nail clippings count as such but it's done by a trained medical person. The procedure was straightforward enough was really challenging is the weather is taken a dreadful turn to the cold. I know I'm still wearing my shorts which I will continue to do. I just have to become acclimated to the new temperatures. This will happen. The I'm on track for yet a new housekeeper. It seems my one temporary home health delivery person, Gloria has a friend who does housecleaning. On a little cautious because this was the same friend that Gloria had some emotional issues with last week when Gloria was going through some trauma of her own. Not that I'm desperate, but I kind of am. If nothing else the experience could be very interesting and maybe on the positive side, be the development of a real positive resource for me and helping somebody else out of the same time… As well as helping myself out. Again, I'm not that altruistic as much as I'm selfish and want to feel good about my living environment. I just have to keep my fingers crossed…

No comments: