Sunday, October 24, 2021

A Cookie Is Still A Cookie






There's nothing more charming and delightful then a real-life sugar cookie with hard red frosting. This is my belief. Sugar cookies come from grandmothers,Older sisters and sometimes younger sisters, room mothers (grade school you know?I like my sugar cookies hard not soggy nearly cooked pastries. I don't quite remember when soggy cookies became the fad certainly not my fad. Still a cookie is a cookie when you got love cookies regardless of their density and thoroughness of their baking. This morning I was surprised when Mark Anthony offered a cookie sent over from his wife Kristie for me. I was delighted. I realize this is one of the new modern type cookies sold for thickness and being partially cooked – – in all fairness I must say this cookie was well done well not well done but cooked all the way through the dough was a little bit flaky that's okay a cookie is a cookie. The icing was slathered on, a thick flaky icing not all like I enjoy maybe it's cause it's a poor man's icing if there is such a thing. That icing you whip up with powdered sugar and apply with anything from broad butter knives to spatulas and for me the best part is the icing hardens to as smooth as ice finish over the cookie. The second to realize his work howling cookies yes I know Halloween is now less than a week away as the holiday march continues.


Personal update – – because I know you really want to know – – I think I'm healing little by little my volume is still nothing to what it used to be hopefully they'll come with time. Mark Anthony worked late last night but I don't think he was really up to doing zoom around. I didn't sleep well either of course. So I called me this morning and early political know that I was really not feeling well enough to go out our brave enough to go out without a bathroom close. I did request that he come over and help me shower because I'd been in a urine soaked bed for so long. He complied wholeheartedly and did a really great job I was impressed. I have to go from Friday morning to Monday morning without a poop, you know that's a long time come around Sunday morning I'm beginning to feel a little uncomfortable, little scared that I might slip or my bowels might slip, just insecure. That would be the rest of my Sunday a lot better – – perhaps if I had a Saturday night shower/program note certainly free me up for the Sunday breakfast. I shall have to ponder this. I'm exit feeling pretty good right now, tonight, as I write this. Tomorrow, my home health person should be here. I elected not to use the medications they wrote for me day before yesterday. Both prescriptions may cause diarrhea side effect. Both times I used the revocation I woke up with a real spooky feeling as good a cream the bed. Luckily I barely missed the bullet and got off A-OK. Now I know this won't last forever and body number will come up so important time either in the privacy of my home are most likely out in public somewhere, on a bus, on a train or at a movie theater so I guess I should not complain if a bowel mistake happens in bed or at the house the least I won't be in public. I could sure go for two sugar cookies with dark red frosting and a cold glass of milk…




No comments: