Thursday, October 14, 2021

Open Wide

 



Every once in a while I do something fairly smart, it's not often but I do come through… Every once in a while. Today it was having the wherewithal to run over to the market and get a half pound of mashed potatoes and gravy for dinner tonight. I didn't know really want to expect except for I knew that I wasn't going to want to do much masticating. I was scheduled for 3 o'clock extraction of the last remaining wisdom tooth on the lower left side of my mouth. That had temporary crown on that tooth or what's left of it for the past four years but I've written about this before. I also just bananas was at the market which I figure will also be easy to eat in the next couple of days.


I just really finished draining my bladder a little after 2 o'clock and rinsing my mouth for the event

when I got a phone call from the dentist's office that they were ready for me if I could come then which is more than happy to oblige. I can't say that I was anxious but I really do enjoy hanging out with the staff at this little dentist office. Immediately took me up to the nitrous oxide and I began to deep breathe in hopes of lifting my psyche of far away from what was going to happen is possible. Finally with all the preliminaries out of the way the good doctor began to numb up my mouth. For the next 45 minutes if not a bit longer the good Dr. Anderson shot syringe after syringe of novocaine or whatever into my mouth. I don't know if it was me or I was I being over cautious but I want to make sure my mouth is good and dead as did the doctor. They got to the point that the doctors begin to wonder if maybe I wasn't going to numb up enough because he obviously had not hit the right nerve. He said that he didn't dare use anymore analgesic We may have food for the whole session and come back tomorrow. I really didn't have a problem with that solution except for I did want to get this out of the way. Finally he checked my mouth one last time and I didn't feel the pinprick or even the pressure he applied to the area. He figures I was under Enough. I mean seriously how did people do this kind of oral stuff before modern technology?! I mean it would've been brutal, brutal is not the word. I was afraid this was going to be a world-class torturous event but also not heard “we got out Mark” I think Dr. Anderson was as surprised as I was. I was still maximum tensed up and almost did not believe I've heard correctly. The doctor said the tooth site was super infected with Two pus sacks. He did a lot of scraping and eventually did three stitches which will come out in the week. I'm usually not one for pain pills and such but I took one while ago remember going to take another Before I go to bed which is shortly– – But I'm not hungry because I planned ahead with mashed potatoes and gravy…

No comments: