Monday, March 28, 2022

Chair Fix… Hopefully

 






I'm so fortunate that I have a great wheelchair mechanic like Allen. Saturday night when I went to bed I noticed that once again the connector on the back of my arm of my power chair had once again become unconnected to the chair itself. I really think it's a major design flaw with this fragile device which has what I call “push me pull me” threads conveniently hangs right at the back of my chair so when I'm in bed and the chairs right next to my bed I end up grabbing hold of this device to augment me turning myself onto my side which is how I sleep. Now since the scolding I got from the last time from Allen when he had the repair my chair, I've been trying mightily not to handle this piece of equipment that it came undone all by itself… I guess. Anyway, first thing I did this morning was taken image of the problem to send to my wheelchair guy and quite shockingly you message me back immediately. He had been in contact with one of the actual repair guys in the shop and they came up with an idea that might be a solution. I kind of skeptical I'm certainly willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and with that Allen indicated the time he could come out (today!) And apply the device that he and Mercedes came up with last week.


My day was relatively uneventful – – which is good. I didn't feel like rocking back and forth on my wound, even though it was covered over by my nurse Sydney. After the last two men are 80° days the days are taking the downturn in temperature only getting to the lower 70s with significant cloud cover. There even talked about rain tonight and tomorrow right through my trek into Salt Lake for my Assist Assist. Perhaps the most exciting part of my whole day was the jazzing up of a bag of stew I got from the food bank with the remains of the roast beef brought over by Bridget Gabe last night, which was excellent, with a potato diced and a couple of carrots from the Provider. The concoction turned out pretty good even though I scorched the bottom of the pan which I worked hard not to do warming the whole selection up on attribute for one of those devices you put on the burner between the heat source and the pot of food. Another challenge to wash up once I get Gabriel over here and then you a great job on my other pan.


Later in the day Allen returned with the device that he and spoken of earlier and actually attached the device to my chair. Were both excited about how well this piece will work. For all of Allen's work I should've just jumped in the bed right then and try to out but I couldn't. Tonight we'll see. I hope that it works I hope it will keep me from doing any more destructive things to my chair after all we can always hope…

No comments: